Two Worlds II - Review @ CVG

Only 'problem' of the Two Worlds 2 is it does not have a 'Elder Scrolls' title before its name. :) If it was a Bethesda title I'm sure American reviewers would toss their high points and praises abundantly and probably declare it as game of the year or millenium or ages bla bla.

Honestly I don't understand most of these American gamers and reviewers. They have slamed some decent European RPGs in the past (Gothic, Drakensang, Divinity series comes to my mind) and now they're doing it again for Two Worlds 2. So I'm not surprised anymore. They have some biases towards these games that I can't understand. Nationalism in computer games or something?

So the fact it was a European's review means nothing. The problem with Two worlds two to say an elder scrolls game is polish.

Honestly I don't understand most of these American gamers and reviewers. They have slamed some decent European RPGs in the past (Gothic, Drakensang, Divinity series comes to my mind) and now they're doing it again for Two Worlds 2

Well you know there are different tastes in every country its the same as people. What one person loves is something others will hate. I liked playing most of the games you mentioned but as someone stated they lack polish.

Last edited:
Americans are used to big budget super-polished entertainment, so they prioritize that even in gaming. Also 99% of American gaming journalists grew up on consoles, not PCs, so they are used to a greater amount of accessibility and clear and concise gameplay.

UK is similar, though a bit more forgiving. Rest of Europe is more diverse in expectation.

Xbox 360 World? Who has ever heard of that site? Looking it up, it's run by NPK entertainment, which has a total of two! websites.
The review is abysmal - but it has nothing to do with how-many-websites someone owns. By this logic, IGN should be gospel.

Also 99% of American gaming journalists grew up on consoles, not PCs [citation needed]

Fix`d ;)

The whole Europe vs USA argument smacks of generalization...and that`s never healthy. Please look how those righteous Europeans have treated Risen (Metacritic).

Also, like I mentioned in other thread, Polish reviews are not all stellar either - and bad translation is only one of their gripes.

I rather believe it's a cultural differences thing.

Only the cynical conspiracy theorist in me thinks of "patriotism".

But I rather believe it is not only a matter of different tastes (and playing styles) in different cultures, but also something more ... though I cannot name it, it's right now rather just an intuitive feeling to me ...

Americans like things that stick to established formulas :)

Nothing like a Big Mac with a major serving of bloom!

Americans like things that stick to established formulas :)

Nothing like a Big Mac with a major serving of bloom!

Nothing like generalizing a whole country that dwarfs your country in population. We could generalize that all Europeans are backwards with a persecution complex and an annoying tendancy to be snoby.

Nothing like generalizing a whole country that dwarfs your country in population. We could generalize that all Europeans are backwards with a persecution complex and an annoying tendancy to be snoby.

Don't hold back ;)

Oh yeah, I LIKED it when Mr. Bush claimed us to be the Old Europe ! Yay !

Us Europeans love a bit of hypocrisy - hating on good ol` US of A while gobbling up it`s entire pop culture/media/politics…

Nowhere more evident than in UK…"special relationship", lol :)

Us Europeans love a bit of hypocrisy - hating on good ol` US of A while gobbling up it`s entire pop culture/media/politics…

Not to mention that many Europeans have a superior attitude because Americans act so superior... isn't that a case of two wrongs not making a right?

In any case I try not to get involved in debates of that kind, there are dumb and smart people in every country at roughly equal levels. The US has more stupid people than most countries because it's larger than most countries.

I guess after they played "Super Meat Boy" nothing else comes close

Back
Top Bottom