Dragon Age: Inquisition - Mage vs. Templars - A Rivalry Explained

aries100

SasqWatch
Game Informer continues their coverage for DA: Inquistion. This time it is all about how Bioware set up the Templar vs. Mages conflict in the universe that is Dragon Age. And how the Inquistion deals with this conflict:

This time around, it's not about extreme viewpoints, though. You've seen both groups at their worst; now it's time to see the other side. [....] "And now in Dragon Age: Inquisition we want to show the player the people who feel that they're right. That they're on the side of good, not from the side of, ‘I am an extremist who has this view that might be hard to understand,' [but] more, ‘This is why my position is morally correct.'"
Decisions will be even more diffcult and harder this time around:

The questions are bound to get more complicated, and BioWare has put a lot of thought into your role as the Inquisitor. "Making the decision harder is stopping and thinking, ‘What is the right outcome? What do I want out of this problem? What do I need to have happen?'" Gaider says. "For some players that's very simple, but if you can have an argument about it, that makes it Dragon Age."
More information.

If they really pull this off (which I doubt going by their previous games and storytelling), DAI might have an amazing replayability factor.

I could have read wrongly but I feel it's a totally wrong direction, no challenges through dialogs it never work well if you allow save and reload.

Dialogs is about informations, stories development, characters development, lore development, spread gameplay important informations and hints... and gray decisions making thinking. And I don't see that at all in the quotes in OP.

I didn't feel all that morally challenged in DA2; it just felt like a choice between two equally crappy positions... so I said 'meh' and picked one.

I didn't feel all that morally challenged in DA2; it just felt like a choice between two equally crappy positions… so I said 'meh' and picked one.

Yeah same here. My issue with DA2 was mostly, I would not have SAID most stuff Hawk could say and I would not have DECIDED any decision I was allowed. So I was just a passive witness of events and Hawks choices didn't matter AT ALL anyways. Horrible memory.

I can not really fathom how they can solve with. Mages and Templars are sworn enemies now, the Chantry has lost its credibility, "factions" like the Qunari and Morrigan are so much "social Darwinistic", that getting them to play nice also sounds pretty pointless. Both the Qunari and Morrigan, whatever she plans, always were "the strong survive and your society deserves to die". So it's me VS the world. Not a really pretty starting situation, and knowing Bioware (ME3 *cough*) it will be all pretty bleak and grim. :/

Back
Top Bottom