Kingdom Come - Play a normal One

No. Simply that embedding failure in gaming demands work.

Failures might get included without work. Failure is an excellent way to dilute content.
The crowdfunded scene makes a large use of the scheme.

That's something I say for all games. If you won't play a game at release day, wait till it gets patched.
Well, if I'm really looking forward to a game I want to play it on release.
Only in the past months and years I manage to delay playing games when they're obviously unfinished. Perhaps now in my late thirties I'm finally getting patient and growing up? Oh noez!

It's definetly not. Medieval youngster bursting with hormons surrounded by sheep, goats and chicken? Yea, his "celibacy" is realistic my arse.

How long his celibacy lasts? I hope not through the whole game?

It's RPG, means, that's something you'll choose. You have several options of which you can take just one if you want, all of them if that's your thing or if the guy you're roleplaying is asexual refuse them all.
Note that except casual sex, the protagonist's story in the game doesn't contain longterm relationships. BFF and marriages are out probably because in times of war you can't have any. Nor easily at least. Perhaps if a game gets a sequel we see those added.
There is a nicely done medieval courting substory, sadly it's a bit short.

Because I can't. At least that's what everyone said - apparently the game has one checkpoint system.

Ah. I remember hating Heavy Gear for the same reason back many years ago. Long missions & zero saves. You'd think in 2018 developers would stop making universally hated design decisions. And to think the KCD went so far out of their way to implement it.

The saving system in KCD is good if you ask me. It's not as limited as people think.
What's not good is near Skyrim number of bugs on release where you'll want to reload a previous save frequently. Sadly earlygame (prologue and a bit past it) you can't have as many saves as you want which means it can easily happen to you what happened to me, the game got bugged and your save was an hour old or even longer.

I'm not alone who thinks it's a good system:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-saving

Thus again I'm saying, till the game gets thoroughly patched, you should definetly use the save anywhere mod.

Ah. I remember hating Heavy Gear for the same reason back many years ago. Long missions & zero saves. You'd think in 2018 developers would stop making universally hated design decisions. And to think the KCD went so far out of their way to implement it.

Can people stop spouting bullshit? You can save where and when you want in KCD (outside combat).

The game auto-save at the beginning of each quest and often after quest cutscenes as well. It auto-save when you use the bathhouse services or sleep in a bed that you have the right to sleep in. Finally, you can save anywhere with the Savior Schnapps, which has a trivial cost past the prologue (as in 0 if you craft it and harvest belladona).

The only thing the unlimited mod does is remove the Schnapps cost and effect (which is a stat buff at low level drunkness might I add). It is only useful in the early part of the prologue when you don't have any Schnapps or bed and the player is picking flowers instead of advancing the main quest.

Erm… Not just picking flowers… ;)

- lockpicking everything (lockpicks and stealth)
- bartering their arse off (speech)
- vaulting over fences (vitality or agility? forgot but it could be both)
- KOing people (stealth)
- not sure if there is a bow available to buy, if yes, shooting arrows at dogs/cows/sheep then looting their corpses (bows, hunting)
- probably some things more I can't think from top of my head now but basically everything possible to improve there just not strength and melee as later ingame trainer post horsegetting mainstory quest is better/faster to improve those

Note that I didn't do any of it to the extreme except selling herbs till I cleaned all traders of cash. I wasn't even aware I can locpick containers there as I've won the brawling before breaking into any house.
The herbseller thing was not necessary - soon after the prologue I earned shittons of $ from bandits in quests and random encounters (selling looted stuff from them) and thievery. Ah well…
IMO developers should time this area/quest.

Yeah, it was rather stupid by the developers imho, to make this a big roadblock at the starts where it really hurts.

I was also sceptical about saving in the beginning. But as the costs are so trivial (just shoot one rabbit and sell it, should be enough for 2 saves I think) it becomes a non issue after the prologue, which is 7 hours.

They really messed up the introduction for the game.

You can do the prologue in like one hour if you focus on the main storyline and don't try to have a leg-start on skills. It took me about 2 hours the last time I did it and that include raising herbalism to 10.

Yeah, in theory. But only if you are familiar with the game, you know what to do, and skip all the cutscenes.

I never skip cutscenes or dialogues (outside haggling because it gets repetitive).

I never skip cutscenes or dialogues (outside haggling because it gets repetitive).

Then you can't come close to doing it in an hour. I've played through the prologue several times. The videos are almost 42 minutes long alone…well if I did that right via youtube. There are vids of the whole prologue and they're pretty long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7hYWW2iAI&vl=hu

Here's one, but they did do more than the minimal.

joxer;1061494207 Which doesn't mean in some other areas it isn't realistic. The 3 murderers execution and three witches quests are not dumbed down by Hollywood and are absolutely amazing. Oh you didn't got there yourself but you watched some steam? Forgeddit. [/QUOTE said:
It does not even read like worth watching it being streamed.

Back
Top Bottom