The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Which level is Fireflash? We just turned 12 (except Cm) and was thinking of doing desert quests. If Fireflash joins we could do flagging quests on elite and he could get level 12 in no time. Or maybe we don't have a trap monkey to deal with elite traps (Cm will probably be away next week too). Then doing desert quests on elite can become rather problematic.

I think it's most likely I will TR my level 20 paladin in June when the druid is out and we start again at level 1. He has now completed all his greensteel items so he's ready for a new life.

Do you have an idea which class you will get in June when we TR. Corwin will be on the druid, that's a given.

I will be a TR2 paladin so I probably need my XP tome and pot to keep up with you. :)

This toon has 2 divine vengeance longswords and it would be a waste to not TR into a paladin again. Fighting the Marilith demon queen with divine vengeance swords will be fun. Holy burst, axiomatic burst, cold iron, spell resistance 35 etc. Well my pally will get aggro for sure and probably be whipped to death by her tail. :p

Most likely I'll bring Mirys, who is almost 13. I LRed her so she can do traps, whether elite Desert traps or not I won't swear to. I'm shelving Fireflash for now.

I'm probably not TRing unless I get to a steady schedule. I already laid claim to Rogue, just debating the build's finer points. I'll probably just start a fresh one, so if I do swithc in the middle, I won't be as hard pressed to keep up level wise.

Do you have an idea which class you will get in June when we TR. Corwin will be on the druid, that's a given.
dte's Wouldii --> TR1 machine gun nun
Corwin's Amberer --> TR1 animal lover
az new toon --> trap monkey / multiclass crazy build
Peter pally --> TR2 pally
cm ??? --> ???
jm ??? --> ???

CM will likely stick with Fighter or Monk, which is fine, since otherwise we'll be short on those types again. We already had troubles when Fireflash was a Bard.

Who knows with JM? We have the bases covered, so she's wide open as to what she can take. Maybe a second Druid, or a Wizard or Sorcerer.

In the last 3 Shroud runs I've got a total of 4 large devil scales

I thought they'd drop in Devil Assault as well ? Or did I do some misinterpretation there ? - And, to make it clear : I mainly bought Devil Assault for The Chronoscope, because I always wanted to know what it is … I'm very much "story-driven" in my buys.

I just finished Sorrowdusk Island, by the way.

Edit : Not entirely uninteresting : "DDO Anti-Roles" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4420974#post4420974

Last edited:
I bet Arti.

18 cleric / 2 artificer

Basically, healbot with a repeating crossbow. I've still got some work to do figuring out the build. Az gave me a build, but I've got to get my head around it to see how well it fits my plan. It was definitely a better build than my first attempt, which overly reflected my tendency to treat DDO like a single player game.

Correction: I will be available for part of the session. I work first shift saturday too. Yay, even more ot. And Sunday is not off the table.

I change shifts in July, so if I go fresh meat route, I'll probably just go with a vet 4 or 7 build, depending on if yall think you can press that far without a dedicated Rogue or not. I'm debating a Monk splash for feats, Rogues are feat-poor.

Ah, "nun" because of Cleric ! Now I get it ! :D ;)
(Yes, I'm that slow sometimes … ;) )

Edit : A Completely Useless Thread : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=370210

Page 2 of it contains a summary : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4423051&postcount=25

Which can be condensed like this :

Chai said:
My Time Is More Important Than Yours, Part II. My Time Is More Importanter.

By the way : There's huge speculations a new Crystal Cove event will be there - probably even during the last days of this month.

Will we do a run there ?

Last edited:
This means we have covered melee (me), healing (Dte and partly Corwin), traps (Az), caster (partly Corwin).

Cm likes a class where she can just hit things. Maybe she can try to be a female grey haired barbarian. :)

This means Jm can just pick what she wants and the group could deal with all situations. Maybe a sorceress could be fun for her (lots of spell points and great damage)?

The only weakness I can see is that we won't have great crowd control without just a druid as a caster. Bard, wizard or sorcerer can help with that.

To be frank, we haven't been running with much CC anyway. So we'll probably be alright. My concern is that y'all will lack a regular trap monkey in the end, depending on my schedule. But there should be enough trap-light stuff to make due without one.

Depending where you put the 2 ranks of arti, they have some trap ability. Cm is already our grey-haired Barbarian granny, so what's changing there? :) I think Jo might return to her caster roots; we'll see.

Clerics do not get many skill points Corwin. And you need 6 to keep up with trap skills, at minimum, cross class. Assuming Human, he'd need to start out at 18 INT to keep up concentration and spot, disable, and search. Only Drow could also pull it off.

18 INT, 18WIS, and he'd have two points for CON. On a 34 point build.

Sounds like a fair spread to me!! :p :) Dte could handle that. lol

I could be with you on Friday.
I changed my plans, so I will be available, in general.

Yesterday, on Lammannia, someone (an American who told me he had German ancestors) with the character name of "Heilung Waldbewohner" (google translated, he told me) showed me the Chrono quest so I saw it for the very first time. He explained everything to me, and together we did the end fight (he had cleared everything until then).

By the way, I have exchanged a skill at Fred's (the tower shield proficiency, that is) to "weapon focus : ranged". I need that in order to get myself closer to the wanted Arcane Archer prestige enhancement.

What I need next is "Mental Toughness", which I hope can get at level 14.

If I understand correctly, the AA is an enhancement, so I just need to accumulate enough points or that. Or "respec" something.

To be frank, we haven't been running with much CC anyway.
:p Hey, I'm still new to this whole hocus pocus stuff. At least I'm not plum out of mana 30 seconds after shrining like a certain highly experienced former caster we both know…

@Peter- unless I happened to get one as quest loot on one of my Shroud farmers, it's highly unlikely I'd have a +2 tome for INT. I generally only have enough plat for 1 or 2 +2 tomes out of the AH for each toon. Nunnery Gunn (hopefully that name will be available) would be much more likely to take WIS and CON.

I think jm ought to try some crazy 12/6/2 build. She's pretty well done everything else. Actually, given the upcoming upheaval of enhancements, it might prove easier to get the advantages of a 12/6/2 build without actually having to do all the multiclassing.

edit- which actually leads to a second point. We're probably a bit premature with our planning. The changes to enhancements might make our deeply considered plans completely invalid. Not to mention that it's money in the bank that Turbine will break something important in the process which we'll have to build around.

Crystal Cove has begun !!! :) http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4424211#post4424211

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Treasure_of_the_Crystal_Cove_Guide

Short notice on the "bount to account" bag bug : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4424133&postcount=6
In short, it'll be fixed most likely in the next Patch.

New DDO Sales :

Free Item of the Week : "Small Jewel Of Fortune" : Coupon Code : JWL912

Other discounts : High-level adventure packs, Astral Diamonds, Guild Renown Elixirs, Spell Points Potions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom