DA:O I'm Hooked

Dragon Age: Origins
Well I've got Sten's rep way up to about 85 without him challenging me, except for one minor conversation in camp. Just talked him up and gave him a few paintings. Now I have his personal quest activated.

It's rather pointless though since he just gets wiped out in battles, having no shield, and not the HP and armor of Shale. He's my fourth choice (after the doggie).

I use him as "DPS" only, he wont get attack if your "tank" do his job well (Threathen+Taunt), and there fore dont need much HP, whit a mean two handled axe og sword, he do some nasty damage. (note: That I use all NPC's, never leave camp whit the same party)

Ah, well I don't think I'd ever runaround with a party with 2 fighters. I find having a second mage safer. Here's my normal setup.

- Me - mage with blizzard et al, some earth, and the whole force field line, + heal, and the first 2 glyphs
- Leilani for traps, pickpockets, locks, and sneaky scouting (may swap for Zeb, but it looks like he has ZERO points in traps, locks, and pickpockets :( )
- 1 Tank type (Alistair and Shale seem most able to take the abuse)
- And 1 extra mage (have found Wynne's healing to be more battle turning than Morrigan's cursing and lightning + stunning)

If I give Morrigan CoC and a heal spell she probably would be about on par with Wynne.

My party look like this:

- Me - Warrior "Tank", Full Shield Spec, Templar and Champion spec.

- Morrigan or Wynne, both got 3 or more CC spells, Morrigan also has alot of nasty AoE spells, while Wynne has healing spells, both great in their own way.

- Two random, I prefer Lelani for easy xp and gold from trap disarming and lock picking, further she are Ranger Spec and got nice pets fore ekstra DPS/offtanking. If I dont got her in the party, I usual run through a location a second time, to open all chest i left behine 1st time around.

Hey, I was wondering about that. Do areas close off or change so that you can't access them later to open locked chests/doors?

I have this paranoia left over from playing Drakensang. ;)

Hmm... forgot about trap XP. Another good reason to keep Leilani onboard at all times. But since the world scales, does XP really matter that much?

You can come back to around 90% of the location in the game, you can't come back to special travel encounter and a few story baced location.

Xp dos matter! even through that the oppoents scale whit you, you gain more and better abilitys. Eksampel a Morrigan whit Ice Prison, sleep and Force Field, is way more usful that the Morrigan you start out whit.

Back
Top Bottom