Deus Ex: Human Revolution - DLC, Screens

Ok, now this makes me mad. I'm all for DLC's because they can add new content after the game has been released and played. They have the potential to add a few more hours of gameplay. But, to start work on a DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet? Why not just add the content to the game BEFORE it is released? Instead they will make us pay for additional content that should have already been in the game? This stuff is getting out of hand.

I can't remember ever hearing this type of announcement before, so early in advance of the game's release. Can't be good politics.

Maybe the DLC is like what they did with Dragon Age and is free with purchase of the game so that they can screw the second hand market.

I hope they'll announce a patch soon as well.

Since when is Ubisoft involved in Deus Ex development? I was sure this game was from Square Enix and Eidos.

Ok, now this makes me mad. I'm all for DLC's because they can add new content after the game has been released and played. They have the potential to add a few more hours of gameplay. But, to start work on a DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet? Why not just add the content to the game BEFORE it is released? Instead they will make us pay for additional content that should have already been in the game? This stuff is getting out of hand.

Why should this additional content be free? The key word is 'additional', as in - it's not part of the core game, and you wouldn't be getting it at all if it wasn't being made as DLC. Try to remember that the reason these games are made in the first place is to make money. It costs money to create extra content, so why wouldn't you expect to pay extra money in order to get it?

At least they're upfront about developing DLC at this stage.

Not a big help, but it's something.

Why should this additional content be free? The key word is 'additional', as in - it's not part of the core game, and you wouldn't be getting it at all if it wasn't being made as DLC. Try to remember that the reason these games are made in the first place is to make money. It costs money to create extra content, so why wouldn't you expect to pay extra money in order to get it?

I have no problem paying for aditional content. I buy DLC's for DA and other games. My issue is that they are making the DLC for a game that hasn't even been released yet. Normally DLC's are made after the game is already out. It just makes me wonder if they are leaving out content on purpase just to make a DLC. Why not include it in the game since the game is still being developed?

Why not include it in the game since the game is still being developed?

Could be that they've assigned more people just for the DLC.

Have they really said that the DLC will be finished at the same time as the game? If so then it's hard to justify, even provocative.. especially if its the same people working on the DLC AND the game, if not, then it's understandable and expected.

Back
Top Bottom