HoMM 5 - Overhaul Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wynams also points out this project to overhaul HoMM V - and in particular, the AI. I'm not clear what the project is called but you can find the details at Eternal Essence, which is an original TBS strategy project the team is also working on. Here's the overview:
The primary goal of this project is to reimagine Heroes V and to create a strategy game that comes close to the vision its fans have. This includes the AI, new refined adaptable gameplay rules and enhancements to the original game, an advanced modding interface, better tools and a new campaign.
Heroes V can be much more than just the little brother of Heroes VI. It can be an independently evolving strategy game that is driven by a community and emerges as the premier modding destination for this genre. It is a unique project in the industry, for a community to take the reigns of a mature strategy title and to create a blueprint for a more advanced game.
It is also meant to excel in a number of ways and to provide an incentive to the developers of Heroes VI to create a game and add-ons that are more ambitious than what Heroes V has achieved.
You can grab build 3.1 from this page.
More information.

Where is the feature list? All I read is motherhood statements.

There's some info on that in the readme. I tried to copy and paste out of it, but it's a PDF and copying from it doesn't format so well for me.:-/

Thank you for this news.
After homm6, homm5 is gonna be my next game

Back
Top Bottom