What games are you playing now?

Yesterday I took advantage of Steam's latest sale and bought L.A. Noire and Limbo (great timing by the way, I had already decided that those were the next two games I was going to buy at full price!). I've been playing Limbo for an hour or so now and I only want to restate my appreciation for the indie developer that uses ideas to make games instead of checklists of features that people are likely to buy.

Played Skyrim 'til 4am. I have my first official Skyrim hangover. Killed my first giants, just basically kited the hell out of them, then jumped on them when they went down on one knee and dual-wielded them to death.

I think I'm going to drop out and play some strategy, probably fire up Elven Legacy or Disciples 3. I need something turn-based after all the action. Skyrim had my heart pounding all night w/ close calls: Sabercats jumping up outta nowhere, ambushes by enemy mages, etc. Fuckin dual wield swords keep coming unbound ever since I upgraded them at the forge, nothing like fiddling w/ inventory in the middle of a fight trying to get set up.

After getting destroyed in Elven Legacy once again...

I took a turn into Disciples III and had a pretty good few hours. Maybe it's the fact that I got it many patches later, but the game seems to run good, no crashes or bugs, and it's pretty fun. I like seeing the return of all the old units, and the artwork/graphics are really good. One of the big complaints was the crit thing, and I've been pumping Agility/dex to take care of that right off the bat. There's a lot of crits going on, but as long as I can stay competitive w/ the agility/dex i think I'll be ok. I'm also using summons a lot. Making runes, and keeping Summon Golem spells on me for use in fights, drop a nice big golem right in the middle of their back line. Softening up enemies w/ spells before taking them on sometimes.

Enemy AI can be kinda dumb, but the enemy does seem to be using the battlefield "hotspots" at times, like the extra melee dmg / ranged dmg/ magic dmg. I'm fine w/ a kinda dumb enemy, I'd rather have that and have things skewed my direction a little instead of the exact opposite which takes place in Elven Legacy. That game's merciless!

Now that the NDA has lifted on one of the games I am playing (but not all ;) )

... playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. It is a mish-mosh of good and bad in terms of story, mechanics, style, bugginess, and so on. My biggest issue is the way things are pseudo instanced in zones so it is possible for multiple people to be pursuing the same quest at the same time, so you can run through a challenging gauntlet and encounter absolutely no resistance because the person who went through a minute before took them out and they haven't respawned yet ...

After finishing the Battlefield 3 single player campaign the other day I have now started Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I'm only on the third mission or so but one thing is for sure already: Call of Duty MW3 is the king while Battlefield 3 is the pawn ;) .

After finishing the Battlefield 3 single player campaign the other day I have now started Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I'm only on the third mission or so but one thing is for sure already: Call of Duty MW3 is the king while Battlefield 3 is the pawn ;) .

Until you play MP, and the pawn becomes the king.

I'm trying (and will eventually fail) to focus on the following three at the moment:

- The Book of Unwritten Tales
- Skyrim
- L.A. Noire

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam's special offer, too, and I'm having a hard time refraining from trying that game out. That live action trailer was awesome.

Maybe I'll finish one of these games some time. :D

Ok, I give up. :(

I'm talking about Dead Island of course. I got through about 20% of the main quest, and then I just completely lost interest. At least I can't be accused of not giving it a fair try.

The game had a lot of potential imo, but it just fails in too many crucial aspects for me.

Slave to fashion, are we? I know, I know. You're waiting for all the nude boob mods to become available. :p

There are some who think Skyrim is more fun with all the ridiculous bugs. :p

Somebody mention boobies?

Somebody mention boobies?

Hold on now, you are from the US so you know that it is OK to have 5one year olds watch private pyle blow his brains all over the wall but EVERYONE must be protected from simulated boobies!

Battlezone. A curious mix of rts and fps that I missed when it came out. It's now abandonware with fan made maps,installer,expansion and patches with online matchmaking working. Also works with today hardware.
Crazy fun

battlezone 2 is way better, great game if you can score it (and i think it still has a good MP community that's kept it alive and modded)

Cool. I found the Battlezone 1 community. Strange. From everything I heard and read, people liked the first one better. I am going to try and find a copy of the second 1 will give it a shot if I can find it.

I was kinda obsessed w/ the game for a while. Build a base, then go down to FP view and run around, go in the different buildings and adjust the weapons loadout on the vehicles that will be produced by them. Sit there in your base as it's being attacked, watching all your defensive structures and vehicles repelling the attack. You can even go in and man the defensive turrets!

The ability to command any vehicle is awesome, you can be right in the battle in a vehicle or go back into commander (top view) and direct the battle from there if you want. Things like jumping out and sniping enemy vehicle drivers and stealing theirs in the midst of battles is great fun. Go kamikaze w/ a stolen enemy vehicle into battle or right into their base to scope it out, you always eject when it explodes so after you hit the ground you just snipe another one in the cockpit and get another. Or if you want you can call any of your vehicles to come "pick you up", the driver will come to your location and jump out of the vehicle and you can take it.

Just a great game, I've never found another like it. The downside is that ai is pretty retarded, a lot of babysitting is needed on units but that's pretty much the only downside.

Back
Top Bottom