Drox Operative - Preview, Beta Updates

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Space Game Junkie serves up a preview of Soldak's Drox Operative, which is currently in beta:
Once you get over the initial growing pangs — which will hopefully be less of an issue as the game improves — the game gives you a TON of things to do. Even without dealing with the races, there are enemy monsters to kill and loot, space junk and derelicts to salvage, anomalies to be scanned and asteroids to mine, for example. Once you bring the empires into the mix, however, that’s when the game REALLY gets fun.
For those playing or watching the beta progress, there have been three patches over the last week or so.
More information.

I do agree, the initial is a little hard. Probably some of that difficulty is related with the fact that we are playing a SF aRPG and not a fantasy one, like most of us are used to. When we begin to mentally switch to the SF ambiance than everything turns more easier to grasp.

After 6 hours of play I still haven't "touched" some of the core elements of the game, like the relationships between species. But I'm enjoying so far, and honestly beginning to feel addicted.

I do agree, the initial is a little hard. Probably some of that difficulty is related with the fact that we are playing a SF aRPG and not a fantasy one, like most of us are used to. When we begin to mentally switch to the SF ambiance than everything turns more easier to grasp.

After 6 hours of play I still haven't "touched" some of the core elements of the game, like the relationships between species. But I'm enjoying so far, and honestly beginning to feel addicted.

I agree with this, it gets better with each patch.

It's really a unique kinda game, but so far I'm having fun with it. Each patch makes it better and better, in the end I think it will be well worth playing for anyone that likes the genre.

-Carn

It's really a unique kinda game, but so far I'm having fun with it. Each patch makes it better and better, in the end I think it will be well worth playing for anyone that likes the genre.

-Carn

This is exactly what happened with Din's Curse when I pre-ordered it, just kept getting better and better with each beta patch, and the patches were so frequent it never got boring.

Darn I don't have the time to play anther game right now, but I guess I'll have to give it a go. The price is good and I've never been disappointed by their games.

I've played a little more today and I was able to finish my first sector.
I'm now officially addicted to it.:p

If you give this game a chance and like strategy with some nice rpg elements, you'll be quickly hooked. There's a lot going on behind the scenes from what I've discovered so far, and the replay value might be decent as well.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom