Lords of Discord - A New Turn-Based SRPG

Wow, I never imagined that I would see an actual Disciples 2 clone. Mind you, that can be a good thing, if done right.
I gotta say, I don't dig the graphics. Disciples 2 is dated yes, but it's art style is quite timeless and still looks great. This is nowhere near that standard.

Still, even if I won't pledge, I'll keep my eye on it.

Well, in a way the whole 'Strategy' is really a misnomer in itself. It should be more like 'Tactical' RPGs. Strategy is more of a grand-scheme thing, for example if the game's focus was more into managing resources (cities, gold, mana, armies, relations, etc) while tactics is for when the focus is on the actual battles and tactical movement. But who cares, a good game is a good game regardless if it's SRPG, TRPG or Pi-RPG.

Just to clarify my biggest problem with phone games is interface that usualy looks and works horribly on PC.
My problem with phonegames is not just one, but I can list what I can't stand:
- shitte music
- shitte controls
- shitte story/writing
- shitte AI
- chance of 99% that the game is actually a fraud

I did my part of research and tried many phonegames. So far I've found only 2 phonegames I would suggest someone to buy. You read this right. Among dozens of phonegames I've actually tried and millions I've just seen pics and read descriptions, there are just two games I've found worth buying. There may be more, but honestly, I can't be arsed to waste my time on phones when good games are released almost daily on PC.

You can make good AI on phone.Take look at Alpha Centauri on GoG that game has one of best AI and that game worked on 133MhZ procesor and 16 MB RAM, so phones have more than enough resources to support good AI
No, you can't. You're talking about a game that was developed by old school programmers who were artists, not bluntforce executioners. And oldschool programmers don't and won't make stuff on phones as they don't want to give up the horse for a donkey.

It's not about resources and it never was. Ages ago one of the most important things in the art was the code optimization process. When was the last time you've seen a released game that was optimized? It was maybe Doom with the trick of making two calculations using just one command to the processor.

But okay, you don't desperately need to maximally optimize the code for PC since you have tons of RAM and today's processors are overpowered. Using the same approach on phones, and almost all phonegames' devs are doing just that, means you'll see only crappy AI.

This is where I'll stop.
Instead of continuing here, as although related it's not ontopic really, I'll try to make a new thread elsewhere about phonegames fraud.

Back
Top Bottom