The TV Series discussion thread

I'd bet my money on that as well :)

I've been following Longmire since s1ep1. What a great show indeed. I really like Walt's character. Stubborn & grumpy , but likeable old school sheriff dealing with modern day crime in western setting. Yet the series so much more than a cop series with a twist. Longmire is heavily character driven show and there is huge backstory that goes on throughout the seasons.

You've convinced me to move this one up in the order of my Netflix queue. I started watching The Killing but it is not shaping up the way I had hoped so it may be put on a permanent hiatus. I'm surprised with The Killing being a Netflix original it is free of the usual non-network series staples (i.e. gratuitous sex, profanity and brutal violence a la Game of Thrones, True Detective or The Bridge). But I'm afraid with its subject matter that is a requirement for me.

While Longmire may not have those qualities either, it is at least a different take on the crime drama.

Speaking of The Bridge, how long can they continue to milk this whole deal of Marco & Sonya collaborating on every case? Yet I doubt the show would stand up were they no longer doing so. I have enjoyed season two, but wonder how much a future there is for this show.

Watch the original the killing. Forbrydelsen. Just finished season 3, it was a great ride.

Though every season has politics involved

You've convinced me to move this one up in the order of my Netflix queue. I started watching The Killing but it is not shaping up the way I had hoped so it may be put on a permanent hiatus. I'm surprised with The Killing being a Netflix original it is free of the usual non-network series staples (i.e. gratuitous sex, profanity and brutal violence a la Game of Thrones, True Detective or The Bridge). But I'm afraid with its subject matter that is a requirement for me.

While Longmire may not have those qualities either, it is at least a different take on the crime drama.

Speaking of The Bridge, how long can they continue to milk this whole deal of Marco & Sonya collaborating on every case? Yet I doubt the show would stand up were they no longer doing so. I have enjoyed season two, but wonder how much a future there is for this show.

Yea which is why I recommanded it. It feels different and orginal. :)

Just don't expect to see something as brilliant as True detectives though which in my opinion was one of the best series i have had pleasure of watching . I can hardly wait season 2!

I've been watching Fargo during this weekend and i'm really liking it. It aint' as serious, and nuanced as TD, but storyline is definitely as captivating and acting is top notch!

Anyone have thoughts on the new Doctor (Who)?

Capaldi himself is great. Grrr-eat.

But I was hoping that his more acerbic doctor would pull the series back from the increasing sentimentality of the recent series. That may still happen, but the writing in this episode didn't live up to his performance of it.

Huh? The Killing is an AMC series not a Netflix original.

I watched the first two seasons and thought it started out really strong. It took a nosedive towards the end of the second season though imo.

Just don't expect to see something as brilliant as True detectives though which in my opinion was one of the best series i have had pleasure of watching . I can hardly wait season 2!

Yeah, True Detectives was great, but I'm keeping my expectations in check for the next season since neither Matthew McConaughey or Woody Harrelson will be involved.

All I can say cardinal Richelieu nails the role, the opening episopde of season is hilarious, noone will be disappointed.

Corwin for god's sakes go watch Old School first!

You'll drive me to a suicide one of these days…
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3164100/

I can't believe you didn't watch it already. It's plain awsome!
Grab it before Hollywood makes a silly remake.

The story and cast is plain perfect. Almost all faces are familiar - from main roles I've never seen Sarah Peirse before, and she did a perfect job, where were you hiding her all these years?

Last edited:
@JDR13 Re: The Killing You are correct, it started as an AMC series. Netflix picked up the final season. When you look it up it's called a 'Netflix original'. According to Wikipedia it was cancelled twice prior to being picked up by Netflix. Reflecting on what I have seen thus far that's not a surprise. This snoozer is getting removed from my queue.

Unfortunately Longmire isn't going to make the cut either. It reminded me of the cheesy old detective dramas of the 70's like McCloud. The whole bit in the first episode about asking the "Indian at the Red Pony" about the roving whorehouse was just silly. As though it never occurred to Longmire there just might have been another Native American working in an establishment— which was not far from a Reservation. I couldn't get past it, then they wrapped the whole case up nicely in literally the last few minutes. I was hoping they would slowly unravel the case over the course of several episodes.

I realize it should probably be given another chance since Pilots are often not as good as subsequent episodes once the show has developed. Longmire just didn't deliver.

Longmire case to unravel over the course of several episodes (in fact seasons) does exist. But it's not whores, sorry. Sadly… :D
Like or dislike it, Longmire is on my top10 shows list in this decade. Just to say I rarely get hooked on USA shows, but in my case this one delivers.

The Killing on Netflix is a remake of another show, right? Can't talk about that one then. I avoid remakes like a plague.

The original version of The Killing was great, although the actions of Sarah became somewhat predictable in the third season.
Even though they could have easily made a fourth season, the Danes know when to stop (not saying that all Danes know how to do that, but these do :))

If you guys haven't seen it yet Tyrant is quite a good show (even though it has mixed reviews.

It's about an American 'nuclear' family, who go to the Middle East for the wedding of their cousin.
However the father of this family self-exiled himself because his father (the grandfather) was a ruthless dictator.
From early on, you see that the father has a knack for politics and things get quite dark from thereon.

I wouldn't say the story is in any way realistic, but it's good entertainment.
:)

Utopia season 1 episode 4. It's good and entertaining but I still have to experience the mind blowing factor joker promised me.

The mindblowing factor is the reason of the whole search for Jessica Hyde. After your eye was destroyed by the dark side, would you join them? In the case this series is about:
I WOULD!

Longmire got canceled, according to a friend of mine. What a shame, such a decent show. Maybe AMC will pick it up and put it right next to Hell on Wheels. Odd thing is I know a LOT of people that watched Longmire, I find it hard to believe it got canned =xxx.

Sad news for us longmire fans :( It makes no freaking sense. If such a high quality tv series such as longmire gets cancelled, i don't know anymore which series has long lasting potential…

Hopefelly some other network grabs this awesome series.

Edit: And obviously they will replace longmire time slot with some lame ass reality crap.

Back
Top Bottom