Bast*rd Bonds and the critical hit!

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
The game has an interesting mechanic in where you can attempt several attacks at once, but with a high chance of fumbling. If you have team members of the same alignment, the risk is less, but fumbling is bad. You're wide open for the enemy to retaliate. If you fill your bar without a fumble though, you score a critical hit AND you get a boost to that maps experience. I'll show you the best I've ever done in the game and if anyone else is playing feel free to post your best.

I was on vacation last week and I put an ungodly number of hours into this retro game.

Attachments

• high xp bbonds.JPG
    high xp bbonds.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I just wish you didn't have to waste a whole hand just to use the Shift key. Could have been a relaxing 1handed game, now you have to sit up straight just to add 1 extra button. :(

The extra XP is from Daredevil. I've not seen what happens if you happen to get a critical on the daredevil blow.

Hey SirJames, you can change the risk from shift to mouse hold. You just click and hold for a risk attack. It's in the options.

Also, there is now a leader/band option for dungeon toughness. By default BB level scales +/- 1-3 of your party's level when entering a map for the first time. If you turn on leader mode, it is +/- 1-3 of your leader's level, making fights more challenging. I always turn on leader mode if I'm playing with my main group of bandmates and I use band mode if I'm just leveling up my laborers.

I've been watching this one, but am still sceptical. Is it a true rpg or just another turn based combat game? What sort of interactions are there outside of combat? What other games can it be compared to?

I've been watching this one, but am still sceptical. Is it a true rpg or just another turn based combat game? What sort of interactions are there outside of combat? What other games can it be compared to?

There are some interactions outside of combat, though not a whole lot. Most of the areas are kinda self-contained, and you might come across a site of something cool happening you have to figure out. I was pleasantly surprised by the game, but if you expect deep character interactions and plot, you'll be disappointed.

Being able to completely customize character sprites is an amazing thing though.

I played quite a few hours of this myself. Surprisingly addictive, I just wish the home base mechanic didn't require grinding levels on support characters.

Back
Top Bottom