BioWare - New IP not before April 2018

Your choice and nothing wrong to roleplay a clown, that's clearly an honorable job.

For the choose your own adventure, it's so big, that it's just showing you roleplay very well.

EDIT: Frankly how argue with such stuff, I can't believe it.

You can argue until you're blue on the face but ME games aren't RPGs. They do include, like others have said) RPG elements* but it's not saying much since almost every mainstream game nowadays includes RPG elements. And I don't mean it as a criticism. I enjoyed playing ME1, ME2 and (patched and DLCed) ME3.
*ME1 was the most RPGish game of the series.

:lol:

Well, the term RPG doesn't actually mean very much anymore does it? Like Pladio said, we all have our own preferences of what a fun RPG is, and it varies greatly. What I completely fail to understand is how some members of the forum seems to take different opinions than their own as personal insults.

Personally, no, to me ME are first and foremost action games with a strong narrative and some decent RPG mechanics like character building.

Last edited:
What I completely fail to understand is how some members of the forum seems to take different opinions tastes than their own as personal insults.
Sorry. Had to. Lemme check the mirror again though. ;)

Sure Neverwinter series is more RPG than ME series? No way.

The attempt to put in a the box of non RPG Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, XCOM, and ME series is an absurd vain attempt. ME series is obvious RPG, none of other that at best have RPG elements.

No such arguing is going much further, it's an attempt to put RPGs in a tiny box. That is ridiculous, ME series doesn't fit your tiny box it's because you are closed minded and don't love RPG genre. But it's plain abvious ME series is RPG, and arguing on that is an incredible non sense, nothing related to subjectivity and prefences.

Says you hate ME series ok hateboy your taste and a very closed mind. Say it's not RPG, nope you are just a liar.

Neverwinter Nights certainly is more of a RPG than ME series is. ME are a watered-down version of KotOR and the first one is the only one worth playing.

Dunno, I think they're all worth playing (haven't tried ME:A though) but, as mentioned, wouldn't call them RPGs anymore. Saying that the ME series is more of an RPG than the NWN series is laughable, quite literally. I mean, why even bother arguing that. Waste of time. Just laugh and move on.

BTW I noticed that microtransactions - that most of you probably dearly love :biggrin: - were confirmed for this new IP.

I just didnt notice which of these great features are related to it:
- “disruptive new social design”,
- "stunning design"
- "excellent gameplay mechanics"

;)

BTW I noticed that microtransactions - that most of you probably dearly love :biggrin: - were confirmed for this new IP.

- "stunning design"

;)

You forget "disruptive new social design" was already created by them to remove a perfectly useless forum of 2 million registered users adding things like scripting suggestions, game advice, faction forums, developer discussion and other distractions instead of not acquiescing to some an agenda on the "bioware social network".

The "new" Bioware and the direction it's heading to doesn't actually bother me all that much. While I did enjoy Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 quite a lot, Bioware had for years now the tendency to (in my opinion) dumb things down for the masses and to offer boring, limited, recycled, and lifeless maps/areas. Since exploration is one of the things I enjoy the most, the last part bothered me especially. Dragon Age: Inquisition was admittedly a big improvement in terms of exploration, but unfortunately its flawed game mechanics and grindy* nature made the whole thing kind of pointless.

(*at this point please imagine a bear waving at Joxer)

5f0b7fe3e36f4c93ef429be9c0223fa1.jpg

The "new" Bioware and the direction it's heading to doesn't actually bother me all that much. While I did enjoy Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 quite a lot, Bioware had for years now the tendency to (in my opinion) dumb things down for the masses and to offer boring, limited, recycled, and lifeless maps/areas. Since exploration is one of the things I enjoy the most, the last part bothered me especially.

Agreed on Bioware. I think I stopped hoping for much since the release of DA2. While the limited exploration doesn't bother me much, DA2 in general bothered me heaps with recycled areas - just how lazy can they be?

(*at this point please imagine a bear waving at Joxer)

I LOLed so hard at this :lol:

- "stunning design"

;)

Oh god.. kill me now

- “disruptive new social design”
That's actually easy to imagine... Game time will progress if you play it or not. That means that, if you don't check every 30 minutes or so, all sorts of shit can happen. And that means that your social life is totally disrupted.

Next gen online co-op romance FPS? Kind of fits the bill.

Calling it now, you'll be able to romance trannies in this one.

Calling it now, you'll be able to romance trannies in this one.

Twill be the greatest orgy mankind has ever seen...disruptive new social design, heh! :p

Wouldn't be surprised if this is real turning point for BW...MEA and DAI ( relatively) under performing, they might fully move away from rpg, if this turns out $ bucket loader.
Could be interesting to throw some predictions were the big 4 will be in, five, ten years or so.
BW pushes more into action games, Betsy into world simulators, Obs barely holding together with smaller, "safe" crpgs, CDPR and Cyberpunk is mystery here.

Dunno, I think they're all worth playing (haven't tried ME:A though) but, as mentioned, wouldn't call them RPGs anymore. Saying that the ME series is more of an RPG than the NWN series is laughable, quite literally. I mean, why even bother arguing that. Waste of time. Just laugh and move on.
More? I doubt that I wrote more.

What's cloonesque is argue ME series isn't RPG.

NWN is a very flawed RPG, it's bizarre how it's forgotten the very negative reception it gets from players. The mods changed nothing to game itself. It's possible extensions was better but no way the amazing marvels they seem be from words of fans of the extensions.

NWN2 was ridiculously linear even if they fixed some of the streamlining problems as party. MotB is great thanks to its writing, once more the series failed with tiny areas, bad exploration, excessive linearity.

NWN is a very flawed RPG
Flawed is putting it lightly, I think the original campaign for NWN was pretty god-awful. I enjoyed ME1, ME2, and ME3 more than I enjoyed the NWN original campaign for sure. Doesn't change the fact that NWN is far more of an RPG than any of the ME's. RPG'ness isn't determined by the game's quality, it's determined by the game's mechanics.

Flawed is putting it lightly, I think the original campaign for NWN was pretty god-awful. I enjoyed ME1, ME2, and ME3 more than I enjoyed the NWN original campaign for sure. Doesn't change the fact that NWN is far more of an RPG than any of the ME's. RPG'ness isn't determined by the game's quality, it's determined by the game's mechanics.

Eh, can't get behind hate for main campaign. Was nowhere near BG II, but whole damn lot better than KOTOR, JE or any post EA game they made.
Chapter one had phenomenal ambiance and change of pace, second some interesting storylines and characters better written ( who doesn't love Grimgnaw :p) than in more recent BW games. ( And for some reason, HOTU is loved ?)
Biggest issue was dragging itself too long ( with some of it's dungeons) and whole third act could have been avoided.

Back
Top Bottom