Inspired from another thread.

N

NewDArt

Inspired by another thread.

What was your last *physical* game purchase?

Last edited:
I'm not sure which one of the two was my last one, but either the small CE of Torment : Tides of Numenera for PC, or Horizon : Zero Dawn for PS4. And I don't think a new physical game will come for some time. The next one I can foresee is the next PS4 I'll surely get which is The Last of Us Part 2.

But personally I've pretty much said goodbye to physical games. Console games are the only ones I'll probably get. And maybe some CE of a future game I'll be really excited. Like Cyberpunk 2077. I'll probably jump for the CE of that on PC. Full support for CDProjekt RED.

I'm not sure which one of the two was my last one, but either the small CE of Torment : Tides of Numenera for PC, or Horizon : Zero Dawn for PS4. And I don't think a new physical game will come for some time. The next one I can foresee is the next PS4 I'll surely get which is The Last of Us Part 2.

But personally I've pretty much said goodbye to physical games. Console games are the only ones I'll probably get. And maybe some CE of a future game I'll be really excited. Like Cyberpunk 2077. I'll probably jump for the CE of that on PC. Full support for CDProjekt RED.

Much more recent than expected :)

Then again, now that you mention it - I also think my last physical purchase was a console game. Can't remember which, though :)

I assumed you were referring to PC games since I think most people still buy physical copies of console games.

As I mentioned in the other thread, my purchase of Diablo III today was the first physical copy I've purchased in over five years. Prior to that, the last box for me was Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition in 2012.

I will be getting a boxed copy of System Shock though when it's released. It was included in the tier I backed.

I assumed you were referring to PC games since I think most people still buy physical copies of console games.

As I mentioned in the other thread, my purchase of Diablo III today was the first physical copy I've purchased in over five years. Prior to that, the last box for me was Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition in 2012.

I will be getting a boxed copy of System Shock though when it's released. It was included in the tier I backed.

I buy almost all my console games online ;)

I actually forgot at what tier I backed the System Shock remake!

Skyrim back in 2011, but I've actually only used the disc once since it is a steam game. I just don't see much point buying physical copies, when most games require steam or atleast online connection to download updates etc.

Mostly Kickstarter games for me since those are the only ones left where a physical version actually still has some value in most cases (no point buying a box with just a Steam code inside it, right?).
The Divinity Original Sin 2 CE is the one I'm quite looking forward to right now.

Also, some Blizzard games like Diablo 3 CE + RoS CE and all three StarCraft 2 CE games for the same reason. Blizzard CEs are still one of a kind in terms of quality and ever since the WoW CE which sold for thousand of dollars due to rarity, I also like to have some of them as a gamble (in fact, I owned the Burning Crusade CE for WoW, even though I never played the expansion, and sold that one for €300+ on eBay a couple of years ago... not a bad investment right there :) ).

That is a board game. Hm, either Twilight Struggle, Puerto Rico, Agricola or Bohnanza. :)
Last physical RPG Gothic 2 Gold Edition I think…

The very first physical game that I purchased......Ultima three: Exodus. I want to say it was during the summer of eighty three, maybe. I remember the box being friggin huge. Not the first computer game that I actually played, just my very first purchase.

The very first physical game that I purchased……Ultima three: Exodus. I want to say it was during the summer of eighty three, maybe. I remember the box being friggin huge. Not the first computer game that I actually played, just my very first purchase.

That would actually be a cool thread, too. The first physical game :)

My own? Hm...... We're going to have to go waaaaay back.

Not sure, actually. I think it might have been Bard's Tale 3 for the C64. But I could easily be remembering that wrong.

Dishonored 2. Not that long ago, in other words. And I did it to support one of the last remaining game retail shops where I live. They're still here.

pibbur who thinks it may have been A Momentary Lapse of Reason

PS. The first one was Bard's Tale 2. For the PC. Came on two 720K floppies. DS.

PPS. Another interesting thread, dart. Keep'em coming. DS.

For me, last physical purchase was Diablo III. And prior to that, Civilization V (the game which made me to join Steam - it was mandatory :) )

Last physical was buying a copy of Skyrim - Legenday Edition for my old man. For myself, it was probably physical copies of the Diablo Battle Chest, Konung, Drakensang and a couple other obscure vintage games.

Drakensang I think it was. Boxed version was a bundle. I don't think I could find River of Time available digitally here so got a boxed copy with all the Drakensang titles. This was either last year or perhaps the year before.

Lords of Xulima I think.

A quick look at my shelf suggests Skyrim (2011)

Pillars of Eternity if we count kickstarters

I still buy my Xbox games physically (I only use Xbox to play with friends though so no single player stuff there) because buying from an Xbox is ridiculously expensive.

I got gifted a copy of ESO Morrowind PS4 version by my brother for old time sake. Does that count?

Back
Top Bottom