Favorite quest

D

Darth Tagnan

I can't for the life of me remember if I've asked this before, but a search turned up no results for "title matches" when searching for "quest".

Anyway, what's your favorite quest in a game - assuming you have one? If you have more, then let's hear them :)

I would mention two that come directly to mind.
In knights of the old Republic, there's a trial on the fish planet. I really enjoyed that one and it made a lasting impression on me. You had to play the lawyer and interview the witnesses before making your recommendation.

The second one that came to mind was the first multi choice quest I remember having. It was when playing gothic for the first time. In essence it's a fetch quest but gives you so many options.
In the old camp there is a guy asking you to get an ornamental sword for him. The seller knows the sword is for that guy and doesn't want to sell it so you have several options. If I remember correctly you can do him a favour first, pay a whole load of ore or do something else. But the interesting choice there after was the option to keep the sword. Although the sword is ornamental, it was still a much better weapon than whatever I had at the time.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I can't remember having a favorite but it wasn't bloody baron. Also I'm not even sure which one i prefer as a favorite - is it the one with the best story or the best game-design. The Bloody Baron was good but even in the witcher 3 there are better ones. I know I liked the main quest for Heart of Stone (esp the end) was fantastic (story element but not necessary game play). Anyway do we have to have a favorite ?

I can't remember having a favorite but it wasn't bloody baron. Also I'm not even sure which one i prefer as a favorite - is it the one with the best story or the best game-design. The Bloody Baron was good but even in the witcher 3 there are better ones. I know I liked the main quest for Heart of Stone (esp the end) was fantastic (story element but not necessary game play). Anyway do we have to have a favorite ?

I believe my OP said you could bring up multiple favorites :)

If "quests you really, really like" sounds better - then just pretend I said that ;)

There are many I'd call favorite, Bloody Baron mentioned above is one of such ones. Basically I could list all games I like and pick a favorite quest of mine. Because I like games with stories and puzzles, obviously that wouldn't be some fetch quests from mmo garbage or something.
But only one questline I called a masterpiece of c&c before:
Dragon Age Inquisition - Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts.

It makes me sad that a game with it was ruined by excessive grind, revamped ME2 sonar, pathetic sidequests and horrible tactics mode controls where wasd was emulating mushrooms.

Does a favourite chapter/time within a game count? In Betrayal at Krondor, there is a series of quests or chapters that link together, beginning with something about a river of blood and ending with sheer, abject betrayal. It still gives me shivers when I think about experiencing it for the first time. The world was so bloody huge you had to tromp around quite a while to advance things!

I'm sure people will come up with quests I haven't thought of and I'll think "Oh yeah, that was better than my ones" but here's my quick thoughts…

1. The trial in Neverwinter Nights 2 - I recall loving that and it having callbacks to quests I'd solved throughout - much like the KOTOR quest mentioned earlier.
  2. Two of the quests in Mass Effect 3 - the one with the Krogan and Mordin and the one with Tali/Legion - these two made me very emotional.
  3. And if it can be called a quest, the final mission in Mass Effect 2 - possibly the best put together quest I can think of in gaming.

It definitely was a great quest and ending to the Mass Effect two game, not my favourite but I could see how it would appeal to people. That was the final game for me in that series, and a goody!

Back
Top Bottom