What games are you playing now? - Page 572 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 20th, 2018, 23:37
"I have played far cry to completion several times (3, 4, 5)" How was Far Cry 2? Fans seem very divided about it, some claiming it's the best in the series, others saying the absolute worst.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 00:36
I thought far cry 2 sucked rotten eggs (well worse than rotten eggs). Basically you go in a circle and every 2 seconds everything regens at the intersections. Stupidest design ever (well actually not recent games have shown you can do worse). I thought it would be an improved version of far cry because well it was far cry 2; sadly i didn't listen to the rumours that said it was ubishit using the name far cry. I think it was that game that started me down the path of referring to all things ubi as ubishit even though child of light was fantastic.

Originally Posted by JackOfOwls View Post
"I have played far cry to completion several times (3, 4, 5)" How was Far Cry 2? Fans seem very divided about it, some claiming it's the best in the series, others saying the absolute worst.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 01:07
Originally Posted by you View Post
I thought far cry 2 sucked rotten eggs (well worse than rotten eggs). Basically you go in a circle and every 2 seconds everything regens at the intersections. Stupidest design ever (well actually not recent games have shown you can do worse). I thought it would be an improved version of far cry because well it was far cry 2; sadly i didn't listen to the rumours that said it was ubishit using the name far cry. I think it was that game that started me down the path of referring to all things ubi as ubishit even though child of light was fantastic.
A crying shame since I don't think there is a better potential location for the Far Cry series than Africa. Sure beats Montana. First Far Cry I played was 4 then 3 then realized 4 was a re-skinning of 3 but I enjoyed them both immensely. Far Cry 3 actually had the most memorable C&C moment for me in all my gaming, in the end. I chose not to rescue my friends but went for easy sex with the female baddie of the game. And the consequences of that were, um, memorable, to say the least. Well, at least I died with a grin.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

October 21st, 2018, 01:17
I am playing through Elex finally and I am really enjoying it. It feels very close to the Gothics and I do not mind the somewhat futuristic aspects of the game.

I really think that fan-theory about Magalan being a pre-cursor to the Gothic world very apt and interesting too. I think there are many things that could have been done better, but I haven't had many games engross me as much in a long time. I have been playing from 19.00 to 00.00 today non-stop.

I had a few really fun quests pop up too:

Spoiler

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

October 21st, 2018, 16:14
Still playing Hero-U Rogue, and having a good time with it. I'm up to day twenty-one, and I'm sure I've missed many quests/puzzles so far, but have quite a few cleared under my belt. This is a product that I can see replaying a few times again in the future, just to explore things I totally missed the first time around.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 18:08
Playing xcom 2; wot2 - now that i've unlocked the tactical pack i thought i would see how the expansion impased the wot2 campaign. Not sure if i will notice the difference but i shall see !

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 21st, 2018, 20:10
New weapons and new outfits.

Be carefull to not upgrade the new weapons types when one of the units eqipped with it is doing covert operation, there's a bug: the new weapons won't upgrade and will disapear of your game instead…
Happened to me
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 21:23
I think there is also suppose to be new maps; but maybe not. Anyway i find it to be a fun game and even if I don't notice a difference it will still be a good romp. Then hopefully enough patches will have arrived to finish divinity sin 2 definitive edition (dos-2 de ?)

Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
New weapons and new outfits.

Be carefull to not upgrade the new weapons types when one of the units eqipped with it is doing covert operation, there's a bug: the new weapons won't upgrade and will disapear of your game instead…
Happened to me

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 22nd, 2018, 00:27
There's new assets for the random mission maps but no new custom maps, sadly.
--

Winterfart

Passenger

October 22nd, 2018, 00:58
Oh well could hope. At least those tactical missions have me interested in what they do for xcom 3. As a collection they were short but I still found them a lot of fun - esp neither knowing the map in advance nor being able to save scum (something i tend to do from time to time). Manage to do them all without anyone dying (so yea they aren't that hard) but it was close a few times.

There's new assets for the random mission maps but no new custom maps, sadly.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 22nd, 2018, 01:29
Yeah, wasn't that hard (didn't lose anybody either, silver ranks for all missions) but as you said, the maps are interesting and fun.
Maybe less random maps is what the serie needs fo XCOM3.
--

Winterfart

Passenger

October 22nd, 2018, 03:35
I am playing The Precursors right now. It is a fun game. The quests aren't all that deep, but there is a variety of them. (They're not all "Fetch 11 lizard testicles.")

I finished most side-quests on Goldin, and am just now starting space exploration.

Dilvish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 24th, 2018, 16:34
Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
I am playing The Precursors right now. It is a fun game. The quests aren't all that deep, but there is a variety of them. (They're not all "Fetch 11 lizard testicles.")

I finished most side-quests on Goldin, and am just now starting space exploration.
It's got that wacky Rrussian mod vibe bursting with enthusiasm & great ideas about it that I love. Tries to do everything under the sun. I played the FPS beginning section and it was great. You know a game is gonna be good when it starts off playing like a AAA title does only in the much later, wilder stages of the game. I should give it a go.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

October 25th, 2018, 07:44
I do not like the space combat much. It's hard to navigate, and there are not enough hotkeys.

Dilvish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 25th, 2018, 10:02
Precursors has space combat ?

I do not like the space combat much. It's hard to navigate, and there are not enough hotkeys.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 25th, 2018, 14:51
I never reached that part of the game but are you using keyboard, flightstick/joypad or game controller for navigating? The latter two are generally much preferred to keyboard in flight sims. Sometimes good analogue control is everything in these games, something a keyboard simply cannot provide.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

October 25th, 2018, 15:42
Ah, Far Cry and Crysis. I remember seeing and playing Far Cry for the first time when it came out and it blew my mind. I was 13 then and it was the best looking game with the best AI I've seen. I ought to replay it some time.
Crysis I didn't play until recently since at the time it came out, my PC wasn't up to the task, and I played less games. It still looks great 10 years after release, better than some newer games. I don't know about performance, but I wasn't able to keep it above 60fps at all times on my 1060. I don't know whether it is CPU bound, it is a driver issue, or the game is simply still too demanding for 1060, but now that I have the urge to replay it, I'll try that windowed trick.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 25th, 2018, 16:52
I'm playing Dead State (Re-Animated).
The soundtrack is good, the interface is outdated and frustrating, and dialogs are awesome (so far).
Dead State is awesome. I really enjoyed it. I didn't beat it but I got a decent chunk of the way in. I didn't encounter a frustrating UI but I loved the combat, exploration and meeting characters along the way. The dialogues are awesome, well-written with lots of choice and consequence. I'm sad the game didn't perform well for the devs because that style of game has loads of potential. Really unique blend of CRPG and simulation.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

October 25th, 2018, 16:55

The Precursors is a fun game. It's bursting with ideas as someone mentioned, looks pretty nice and the FPS parts are a lot of fun. I need to play more of it but the parts I've seen were very promising. Goldin is quite a vibrant and interesting city, and it captures the Star Wars vibe a bit. Also has quite a bit of RPG elements and surprises in terms of game mechanics, with a variety of enemies that act differently and can also slaughter you quickly if you aren't careful. I recommend it.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

October 25th, 2018, 17:08
@TheRealFluent, yeah the interface is in fact okay, I just had a hard time getting used to it (I spent the first hours thinking there wasn't any shared inventory… ).

I'm in day 13 now and I really don't know how far I am in the story.
As you said, exploration and NPCs are excellent, and those dialogs remind me the good old Troika games… It's really good!
I don't know if it's the modern setting or the excellent writting, but I haven't been so immersed in a cRPG for a very long time.

I'm living this game: I lost a survivor last night (the truck driving lady, Anita, eated alive in a random grocery) and it was like a drama for me, I went to bed feeling real regrets and anger

The game sure is ugly, though, I'm sure it's the explanation for it's "failure"…
--

Winterfart

Passenger

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?