Might is Right - Gameplay First Look @ TBL

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers checked out the tactical RPG Might is Right:

Might is Right | Old-School RPG | Gameplay First Look

Let's play Might is Right by Lazy Kitty. An indie old-school RPG released on 19 Feb, 2021. You take control of a squad of up to 6 characters, including your hero and 5 mercenaries. You explore a huge world fighting your way through the troops of numerous enemies. Each character gains experience in combat, as well as new levels, increasing parameters and receiving talent points. The number of levels is unlimited.
More information.

We have received some keys for this game. Is anybody interested in playing this and provide their feedback here?

We have received some keys for this game. Is anybody interested in playing this and provide their feedback here?

already bought and i posted my comments in the other thread.
In short, is worth playing IMO.

I just about bought this one, but I have a personal prohibition on anything over 9.99 until i clear another backlogged game. Looks right up my alley, tho!

Since I just finished the game I was playing and Myrthos was kind enough to send me a key, I'll be firing this one up later today! I'll be posting thoughts in the "currently playing" thread likely this weekend, and then a summary later after completion.

Since I post on every game I try anyway, I'll take a key if you still have any. It gives me the weekend to get some good impressions.

I posted some thoughts on the experience I had with this game, in the two to three hours that I played yesterday. I'll be playing more for sure, it's a serious hoot if you enjoy similar in the genre, like King's Bounty or Heroes of Might and Magic.

Oh! It's not an rpg? I wouldn't be a good fit then. I don't do battle games at all. It's units instead of characters?

It has a heroic character that you lead in battle, with companions that you level up. It's not a tromp through dungeons but rather exploring an open map, where you can see most yet not all of the field. The combat and exploration factors are what draw me to this, I've not played a game like this one in a while.

@Carnifex; Tell me about the battles, if you would. Are they 10 round affairs that take an hour to beat? I love lots of short fights, say two to three rounds. I hate long battles where your watching your resources and such. Yes to Diablo and even Solasta, but not so much King's Bounty/Heroes of M&M. I've played those games, but it's rare for me.

Ooh, a better way for me to ask. Do your units have individual names? Is Thomas, Richard, and Harold or is is it woodsman, archer, mercenary? I almost never play the latter.

Last edited:
The combats are short affairs, usually three to five rounds. Your main hero has a designated name, the others are named via their particular class. While it may seem a bit simplistic, I find it works rather well for this game.

Back
Top Bottom