Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes

Default Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes

June 11th, 2021, 14:09

You've beaten the node and used CaptureNode() on it. You switch on the external defenses. The node will now attack any enemies in range and provide you with power every turn. Even with the cover, your avatar has taken a lot of damage. You use Avatar.Debug() to repair some of the damage and head towards the next node.

And back to the physical world, where trouble, in the form of a group of marauders, has just found you. Thankfully, it's going to take them a few turns to reach you.

The entrance turret is online and two retractable cover plates have extended to offer protection to Ferdia, who readies his weapons, a pipe pistol and a more powerful, single shot pipe rifle. Each ally has a unique set of abilities, so Ferdia has a couple of tricks up his sleeve too, but we'll get to that another time. On the next turn in cyberspace, the avatar can exit, but the player will lose a turn due to transfer syndrome, an ailment caused by the jarring effects of returning to the physical world.

There are multiple ways to handle this encounter: exit cyberspace immediately and fight, try to activate the exterior defences before the marauders reach you, or open the door and try to use the hostile-to-all internal turrets to your advantage.

The intention is to allow players to upgrade and create scripts using the computer science skill and to customise their script selection within the limits of the RAM on their data warfare suite. I'll follow up in the not too distant future with a video of this encounter and some more screenshots of in-game locations.

If you have any feedback or questions, it would be great to hear from you!

Take care,
Daithi
--
Developer of Prometheus Wept, Vigilantes and Deadstone

Timeslip

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

September 13th, 2021, 15:46
Hey all. I've got some good news: the demo is effectively complete at this stage. It has the first combat area of the game, plus a system infiltration example, which allows you to send one character into a computer system to manipulate the real world systems it control, while the rest of your team defends them. Expect it soon.

I've also been working on the Kickstarter campaign. It's not ready to go, but there's a pre-launch page, which you can sign up to if you'd like a notification when it goes live.
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 13th, 2021, 18:01
Nice! I'll be there for the kickstarter pitch!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
+1:

September 13th, 2021, 22:46
Hey Carnifex! Sounds good - it's been a long time coming, but nearly there
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 16th, 2021, 05:49
Looking forward to checking out the demo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
+1:

September 16th, 2021, 11:31
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Looking forward to checking out the demo.
Hey JDR13 - you won't have to long to wait, it's less than a week away
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 16th, 2021, 11:32
If you're interested in the music for Prometheus Wept, here's links to some of the tracks. Last time, the music was mainly carefully selected stock music with a couple of licensed tracks. This time, it will primarily be music licensed directly from indie musicians. I listen to a lot of music on Soundcloud when working, and once in a while, one catches my ear. Here are two that did, and I still really like after listening to them obsessively on and off for 1 year+. What you think?

Mother / Ocean of Lies
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

+1:

September 18th, 2021, 01:05
Demo should be out tomorrow
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

+1:

September 18th, 2021, 15:19
Here's the demo. Unzip the file and go into the folder. Run PrometheusWept.exe - let me know what you think!

Prometheus Wept is a party and action point turn based RPG set in a near-future, post technology Earth. The game offers hardcore squad-level combat, meaningful choices, deep character progression and an advanced crafting system. You can find out more about the game on the Steam page or sign up to the Kickstarter pre-launch here.

The demo is 64bit windows. Mac and Linux testing will occur soon.

The demo includes the first combat area and a demo of the system infiltration mechanic, which allows a character to enter a computer system and hijack the real world systems (such as doors, defenses) it controls, while allies protect them from enemies in the physical world.

--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 18th, 2021, 15:38
Edit: working now!

It seems that the demo is not linked on Indie DB yet. Will update when it's available!
--
Last edited by Timeslip; September 18th, 2021 at 16:30.

Timeslip

Watchdog

+1:

September 18th, 2021, 19:34
I'll definitely download it today and play as soon as I have time.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

September 18th, 2021, 20:38
It looks interesting. I am a bit swamped in games with little time at the moment (still catching up with responsibilities because of procrastinating to finish Pathfinder) but I've wish-listed it on Steam and will be following updates.

Good luck!

Nereida

Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

September 18th, 2021, 20:55
I'll definitely download it today and play as soon as I have time.
Sounds good - let me know what you think!
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 18th, 2021, 20:58
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
It looks interesting. I am a bit swamped in games with little time at the moment (still catching up with responsibilities because of procrastinating to finish Pathfinder) but I've wish-listed it on Steam and will be following updates.

Good luck!
Thanks Nereida - I hear you - my currently-being-played list has grown to almost anxiety stimulating proportions
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 19th, 2021, 07:40
Didn't try the system infiltration part yet, but I played the other part. It's challenging, but I like that. I couldn't finish the area because my main character got knocked out in the first fight near the burning building and I was left with just the other guy.

Is there a way to recruit more squad members in that area? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use items in my inventory like bandages and the healing ointment.

As far as bugs, one thing I noticed is that the music volume seemed to reset when a new track started, and I had to keep turning it down.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 19th, 2021, 12:46
Didn't try the system infiltration part yet, but I played the other part. It's challenging, but I like that. I couldn't finish the area because my main character got knocked out in the first fight near the burning building and I was left with just the other guy.

Is there a way to recruit more squad members in that area? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use items in my inventory like bandages and the healing ointment.

As far as bugs, one thing I noticed is that the music volume seemed to reset when a new track started, and I had to keep turning it down.
Hey JDR13 - thanks for the feedback. There is an error with party members not being revived when they should. I'll fix it and release a new demo, but for now, saving and loading may get the character up.

I'll look into that other issue with sound also.
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

+1:

September 19th, 2021, 16:12
Jesus, cyberspace mode looks amazing! Hard to pull off too, I bet.

I know you're a long way out from release, but if you could put a demo up on Steam at the right time, it might boost sales. Everybody loves a free demo!
--
--| sometimes game writer |--

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

September 20th, 2021, 11:16
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
Jesus, cyberspace mode looks amazing! Hard to pull off too, I bet.

I know you're a long way out from release, but if you could put a demo up on Steam at the right time, it might boost sales. Everybody loves a free demo!
Hey screeg! Yeah it was the biggest single job in the game - it required multiple simultaneous battles with different rulesets. Took months.

Yep, I'll put the demo up on Steam, once I've ironed out the bugs.
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 20th, 2021, 18:20
An updated demo has been uploaded. It fixes a number of bugs and slightly decreases the difficulty - if anyone has the time, I'd be curious to know if knocked out party members are still not getting up after combat.
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

September 21st, 2021, 08:46
I just completed the fishing village map in the updated demo. It was pretty fun. Is it possible to use healing items outside of combat though? I could only seem to use them in combat mode.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes