TwilightStar: Heart of Eir - Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wizard Worm checked out the upcoming TwilightStar: Heart of Eir:

Twilight Star: Heart of Eir Preview - Unique Western JRPG (Party-Based RPG)

Twilight Star: Heart of Eir: The RPG that you've been waiting for. I call it Western JRPG. A narrative rich experience coupled with nostalgic mechanics, refined with modern ideas and playability. Discover a wealth of original concepts within a hand-crafted, magically infused fantasy universe.
More information.

Kudos to another game many probably never heard of. Keep up the good work.:biggrin:

In recent news Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord will finally leave Early Access.:lol:

This looks like it would have been better as a single character action-RPG imo. They really need to work on the animations though. Everything looks kind of choppy.

The guy narrating sounded like a moron from an asylum. Was that on purpose? I didn't listen to the words as I have no interest in the game. It was almost like he was trying to sound like Igor from the Frankenstein flick.

The guy narrating sounded like a moron from an asylum. Was that on purpose? I didn't listen to the words as I have no interest in the game. It was almost like he was trying to sound like Igor from the Frankenstein flick.

Wizard Worm lives in the Ukraine. The Editors of the Turn Based Lovers live in Italy. All of them don't speak perfect English, but all of them try their best speaking in a foreign language so that more people can understand them.
I appreciate these efforts, so please don't mock these non-native-English speakers on RPGWatch.

From the Steam page: "Requires 3rd-Party Account: Official DragonClawStudios Game Account"

That's a pass from me - nothing raises my "why do they need that and what are they using it for" hackles like requiring a third party account for a non-MMO game.

From the Steam page: "Requires 3rd-Party Account: Official DragonClawStudios Game Account"

That's a pass from me - nothing raises my "why do they need that and what are they using it for" hackles like requiring a third party account for a non-MMO game.

At the end of the Steam page:
Disclaimer:
Heart of Eir does not REQUIRE the need to sign up for a DragonClaw Studios Account. Steam makes us put that there. The account is used for Kickstarter Rewards and Multiplayer Card Game Sync to your Mobile Device. If you have no interest in either of these, there is no need for an account.

Ahhh, like others I would have avoided this had I needed to sign up for some weird account simply to play the game. Nice to know that's not necessary after all, because this looks like something I'd really enjoy.

Wizard Worm lives in the Ukraine. The Editors of the Turn Based Lovers live in Italy. All of them don't speak perfect English, but all of them try their best speaking in a foreign language so that more people can understand them.
I appreciate these efforts, so please don't mock these non-native-English speakers on RPGWatch.

Thank you HiddenX, calm as ever. My blood boil when i read such posts as crpgnut's here.

At the end of the Steam page:

Okay then. I had to click on a 'read more' and scroll down to see that, if I was them I'd be putting that at the top of the text, not the bottom, because I'm not the only one who'll balk at that (much more visible) notice on the right.

Okay then. I had to click on a 'read more' and scroll down to see that, if I was them I'd be putting that at the top of the text, not the bottom, because I'm not the only one who'll balk at that (much more visible) notice on the right.

Heya! The developers here. You know what? We agree. We should move the disclaimer up and we hate that Steam makes us have that. Chances are we will switch to using Epic games for syncing accounts and then make some database off that for the Multiplayer Card Game sync.

We will move our disclaimer to the top! ^_^

Also feel free to Ask us anything! We do have a large update coming out to fix a lot of little issues, update our controller integration, and a huge boost to the performance. The animations being choppy was a performance issue we were having, which has been corrected. Most tests have people a 30-40% boost in FPS! Releasing in a few days hopefully.

Thanks for the comments! ^_^ we appreciate the feedback.

I downloaded the demo and at least for that you don't need any third party accounts to play that. Too bad the demo was practically unplayable for me, very clunky and choppy (regardless of settings), so I gave up after fiddling with the settings for a bit and trying to get the protagonist out of the starting area.

I downloaded the demo and at least for that you don't need any third party accounts to play that. Too bad the demo was practically unplayable for me, very clunky and choppy (regardless of settings), so I gave up after fiddling with the settings for a bit and trying to get the protagonist out of the starting area.

Hello! As stated before, we definitely know that the demo has performance issues especially with cards lower than a 2060. On this coming update this week we have corrected a lot of performance issues. With that said you still need a min of a 1070 at all to play this due to Unreal Engine 5 standards with new Lumen tech and DLSS usage for performance and 4K scaling. We are still far from perfect in the performance aspect but we're getting there. :) Thanks for trying, even if it wasn't ideal. ^^

Hello! As stated before, we definitely know that the demo has performance issues especially with cards lower than a 2060. On this coming update this week we have corrected a lot of performance issues. With that said you still need a min of a 1070 at all to play this due to Unreal Engine 5 standards with new Lumen tech and DLSS usage for performance and 4K scaling. We are still far from perfect in the performance aspect but we're getting there. :) Thanks for trying, even if it wasn't ideal. ^^

Always happy to try something new. FYI: it was on a RTX 3060 (laptop) @ 1440P.

Back
Top Bottom