NWN2 Favoite recruitable NPC's and why?

Neverwinter Nights 2
What is the history with Deekin? I don't remember him from the IWD or BG games (But I could just be forgetting). Was he in NWN1?

I guess my favorite would be Qara. Liked the attitude! But then I didn't like her going to the darkside at the end! Kelgar was pretty good too, but got on my nerves a bit.

Sadly, I'd have to say that I felt a lot more connection with the NPC's I traveled with in BG2 than any in NWN2.

Last edited:
Deekin was in both the NWN1 expansions, Shadows of Undrentide, and Hordes of the Underdark. He was a kobold bard that tagged along with the hero as his biographer. In HotU he became a Red Dragon Disciple. I have to say of all the Biowarean NPCs over the years, he was my favorite, second only to Mort in PS:T.(Same kind of personality, though not quite the depth. :) )

I didn't think I was that het up about the NWN2 NPCs until I tried to play MotB--then I realized how much they added to the game. I did hate Qara(but she was useless to me as I was playing a sorc) and Neeshka, but that added to their value in pulling me into the story. My favorite was Bishop hands down.

Never really cared for Bishop, but then I didn't really adventure with him much. Maybe second time through, especially since I'm thinking of playing evil!

Thanks for the clarification on Deekin, I never finished the OC of NWN and though I have Shadows, I never played it.

Bishop's the alternate romance for female chars--I found him refreshingly cynical and twisted compared to the soulful good guy. ;)

Is it just me, or did the romances REALLY suck compared to the ones in BG2? I had at first thought that the romances in BG2 were stupid, but as I played the game, I realized that they added a level of depth to them. In NWN2 (I played a goodie-two-shoes Paladin and hooked up with Elanie), it just seemed like some random extra thing that they threw in.

Maybe Elanie just isn't good for it, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention!

Is it just me, or did the romances REALLY suck compared to the ones in BG2? I had at first thought that the romances in BG2 were stupid, but as I played the game, I realized that they added a level of depth to them. In NWN2 (I played a goodie-two-shoes Paladin and hooked up with Elanie), it just seemed like some random extra thing that they threw in.

Maybe Elanie just isn't good for it, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention!

it's not just you. bishop and neeshka are both just kinda romance option in nwn2 (if that makes sense). but then they are much better than proper romance options given to us (elanee and casavir). I so wanted bishop to romance my pc but instead my pc will be stuck with that boring casavir. then again on the brighter side, at least female pc dont have to romance some freaky stalker god-mother type of person (elanee).

That's why I'm looking forward to bishop for bg2 mod. BG2 romances and npc interaction is prob the best out of all cRPG. (maybe except torment but then I disagree. it was like words are just thrown at me every second).

I was going to advise pulling in purpleblob on this discussion. :) With 50 BG2 plays under her belt, I bet she's done every possible combination--in a good way, of course.;)
I'm not much for NPCs in general and romance in particular--but I agree the romance options were pallid in NWN2 to say the least. In BG2 I used the roll your own party MP exploit and only had one or two joinables at any given time--the paladin(Keldorn?) wanting to burn the dark elf chick(Viconia?) just turned me completely off to the whole thing.I would pick up an NPC, do the the stipulated quests and drop him/her. But I do like a well-scripted romance that develops over time and makes sense---wish there were more around.
Sorcha Ravenlock is pretty well-versed in the BG2 and NWN2 romances, but she's not always around. Sorcha, if you're reading this you need to post your take. :)

then again on the brighter side, at least female pc dont have to romance some freaky stalker god-mother type of person (elanee).

Just reminded me of my pre-marriage dating life!

Safiya - because she is a Geek (and if you are not too evil a trustworthy and smart companion).

In MotB, Okku is a fav. of mine, mostly because he's so redicilously overpowered. Fall-From-Grace, oh sorry, Kaelyn the Dove, is also very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom