Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Baldur's Gate

Votes: 41 20.0%
  • Gothic

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • NWN

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
I'd be content with choosing most of those. But I cut my teeth on cRPGs with the Ultima series on the Apple ][. And I was a passionate fan of the Ultimas and Origin in general back then. I know a lot of the reason for it holding the greatest nostalgia factor is because of my age when I played them, but it's undeniable. I look back so fondly on them that they earn my vote flat out. And it's not just fond memories, either. I've replayed most of the Ultimas multiple times, most recently replaying U4 with the xu4 engine.

Might and Magic isn't winning? Void the poll before we lose all credibility here! ;)

For me it's Realms of Arkania ... the only series where characters build for wilderness-survival or social skills are really useful :)

I'm surprised that Balder's Gate is completely running away with this.

I voted Gothic.

I think the votes have been inflated!!

Mainstream. Nothing else.

Everybody KNOWS BG ...

It's what i expected. I liked BG, and Fallout certainly as good if not better.

So no reason to be surprised. Mr. Livingstone, I presume ?

So no reason to be surprised. Mr. Livingstone, I presume ?

Umm what I meant was that those with least votes are the only games in the list that people propably havent played much if at all yet. So surely they are more interesting than som baldurs gate which everyone has played through x times.

Actually, I'm curious if we have 825 visitors. I guess we get a significant number of guests that are allowed to vote in polls, but I'm getting the faint sense of poll-hacking.

Besides, M&M isn't even in the top 4 now, so clearly we have to invalidate the poll.

Yeah, I know visitors can vote in the polls, but the rate of several hundred new votes a day seems a little steep--still, it does seem logical that BG and Fallout be up at the top. Ultima having quintuple the votes of Gothic, M&M, Wizardry and TES seems a bit unusual, though.

There is no way to make polls members only?
Kinda takes the fun and interest from them...
having them like it is now.

It's been discussed by the site's powers-that-be and the decision was made that it would turn into an unending battle of blocks and hacks, which would be a tremendous drain on the two people that do all of our site coding in their spare time. The numbnuts hacking our polls obviously have nothing better to do with their time, while our folks do.

I think we just declare M&M the clear and obvious winner and move forward.

The fact that we're talking series says that there are a lot of great RPG's. I had to go with Might & Magic because it has given me RPG goodness for the most years. It's true that the later games took a dip in quality but even the mediocre games were still playable to the end. If Gothic can come out with a couple more good efforts then they will replace M&M because Gothic 2 is my favorite RPG / all time and Gothic 1 is somewhere in the top 25. And while the bugginess of G3, perhaps makes it the most frustrating game of all time - its still a fascinating game to play.

One series not mentioned was Land of Lore. For me it started out the best of all the RPG series but the two sequels were very disappointing sequels

I also loved the sequels. Both of them. So LoL is one of my favorite series.

Back
Top Bottom