What games are you playing now?

After long time I decided to get a game before it's fully patched and all DLC released. I'm talking about Pathfinder, and I just finished the tutorial so I can't really talk about its quality. I did encounter some fairly minor bugs and some design decisions bother me a little, but I'm also impressed by other stuff (character creation, proper PC UI, etc.)

I also jumped into Pathfinder yesterday. After seeing a second patch hit, I thought that might stabilize any serious issues, so I gave it a go. I played for maybe two hours, long enough to roll up a character I'm happy with and then logged out right when I got to the outpost. I've had no technical issues or crashes at all so far, but then again I've not played a lot as of yet.

Also playing Kingmaker, played little more than 10 hours on normal difficulty. Finished chapter 1 and just became baroness. Owlcat added baron/ness' own bedroom!!! :D In addition, it just opened up a quest that wasn't available in beta. So many improvements, I'm impressed and happy with the game :)

Also playing Kingmaker, played little more than 10 hours on normal difficulty. Finished chapter 1 and just became baroness. Owlcat added baron/ness' own bedroom!!! :D In addition, it just opened up a quest that wasn't available in beta. So many improvements, I'm impressed and happy with the game :)

Yeah, the kingdom stuff is actually pretty cool! I like how the events keep things interesting, and it's a lot more fleshed out than I expected it would be. For some reason I was expecting a tacked-on feature, but it's actually really nice.

And I am not playing kingmaker! Am I the only one?

Started Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Reminds me of the time I played Commandos behind enemy lines (how can it not…). I never got into the many clones like Desperados, but so far Shadow Tactics is nicely filling my itch for those games.

Last edited:
You're not.
I'm on Valkyria Chronicles 4 and it's fantastic!
I dare to say it's earlygame is much better than VC1 (no infantilism!). As a nitpicker, I have to say two things I don't quite like (grind rank abuse neccessary to unlock squad stories, rush scouts leads to A victory ranking), but well… Obviously those are there just as underwater barrels in TW3 - irrelevant to normal players, musthaves for grindlovers.

IIRC VC1 got 9/10 for me. VC4 has a good chance to be my rare 10/10 game. Too early to be sure though, I'm not IGN reviewer. Yet.

I'm not either, with my backlog I may get around to it in 2022.

I just switched back to Bard's Tale, after I saw the news about upcoming patches for Pathfinder. I swear I've really learned my lesson this time about not playing new releases in the first month!!

I almost bought it at release, but since I am not done with Bard's Tale yet and have so much other stuff to play ... I held off!

I just switched back to Bard's Tale, after I saw the news about upcoming patches for Pathfinder. I swear I've really learned my lesson this time about not playing new releases in the first month!!

18th of September was more than a month ago? Because that's Bard's Tale IV release date...

I switched back because of a very specific patch coming for Pathfinder, and yes, I started not one but two games within a month. I am really going to work hard on curbing my optimism! In closing, not only am I playing within a month of release, but I actually did it on two games.

18th of September was more than a month ago? Because that's Bard's Tale IV release date…

The way the sentence was structured indicated avoiding playing new releases *within* the first month. :)

I bought the Soldier of Fortune series on GoG on launch yesterday and played through the ‘flashback’ sequence last night. Absolutely love that game - definitely some quirks, but the enemies are really tough even when you’ve played the game at least 25 times through the years, dealing loads of damage and requiring very precise targeting.

Interesting that this is my first time with the ‘Gold Edition’ - I have been playing off my ‘day of release’ CD copy since... well, since May 2002! :)

Started a new game of DA: Inquisition.
Was really far into it a while back, but then sold my PS4.
Don't really like how the KB/Mouse controls are setup, so just setup my Dualshock 4 controller on Bluetooth, and works super duper.

Bard's Tale and Pathfinder are still waiting here to play. Going to let them age a bit, like a fresh BBQed steak.

Starting playing Diablo 3, don't know why, just needed a new fix. Also my brother plays it so we will coop.

Early reflections is that it's very polished and very good looking. Loot hunting is still fun and finding a legendary item after killing a boss is a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Played coop with my bro last night which was great fun, although way too easy since he had a character much more powerful than mine. He ended up killing a few mini-bosses with one blow which felt a bit meh. Will level up more before more coop.
Some negatives:
1. The skill progression seems very linear and not very fun. Are there any real choices?
2. It's so easy it's almost stupid. I started on normal and noticed after a few hours that I hadn't once used a healing potion. You just click on things and everything blows up. Turned it up to hard but it's still not really a challenge. Is it worth starting over on nightmare or something? Maybe it's not meant to be a challenge? Is Diablo 3 the Candy Crush Saga of ARPGs?
3. The always online thing bothers me. Why can't I be offline when I'm not playing coop or have I missed some sort of offline setting? I game on my train commute to work and pass several tunnels where I lose connection and the game drops me out to the start menu and I lose progress. Frustrating. I guess I'll only play it at home. Dumb.

Last edited:
When I see the tag "must be always online", I immediately start questioning how much I really want to play the game. And ninety-five percent of the time, I just opt out of the whole thing. I get that mass online games require you to be online, I won't accept a single player game that tries that nonsense on me.

2. It's so easy it's almost stupid. I started on normal and noticed after a few hours that I hadn't once used a healing potion. You just click on things and everything blows up. Turned it up to hard but it's still not really a challenge. Is it worth starting over on nightmare or something? Maybe it's not meant to be a challenge? Is Diablo 3 the Candy Crush Saga of ARPGs?

In truth, that's how most games in that genre are. You normally have to invest a significant amount of time first before you get access to any kind of meaningful challenge. That's the primary reason I don't bother with most of them. That, and the fact that they're very simplistic in most ways.

It's raining like hell here, another Max Payne run.
One of my favorites a whiiile back, but damn I like it even more today.
Really, what happened to TPS? Who thought it was more "fun" watching player behind a crate( or something) shooting enemy heads, one at a time, every fight taking up to minute or two: Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Gears, etc.
MP blows every modern standard TPS: nothing like throwing yourself, John Woo style, taking out five guys with just five bullets in a very narrow frame, never gets old. No Starship troopers here, you feel like an actual sharpshooter.
Plus the ambiance, the writing, music, best noire game to date, even voice acting is surprisingly good. Game is chock full of clever, memorable one liners.
Also you notice how much pacing is better: no collectibles, or any similar nonsense.
Game has aged incredibly well.

On the flipside, replayed Deus Ex not long ago. Kind of the opposite: outside of still outstanding level design, most is pretty poor/rough to get through.

Back
Top Bottom