The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

It works for me.

Update is live right now, for those who need to grab it. I think it's just getting ready for the looming expansion in 9 days.

For the Favored Soul and Cleric both, their most effective role is Healing and 1 other. You can build either for melee, or for offensive casting. Pick one. Trying to do both requires a lot of effort and gear. It takes some practice to be able to watch health bars from the corner of your eye while fighting/casting, and being able to keep people up, but it's worth it. It's also going to take practice to know when to back off and just heal.

You'll also be spammed incessantly with /tells and party invites. The path of the Divine Caster…

Druids:

This is the build I intend to use for my eventual Druid. I'll be TRing Aerii when it happens.

STR 16 (10 build points)
DEX 8
CON 16 (10 build points)
INT 8
WIS 18 (16 build points) + Level ups
CHA 8

Feats:
1 Toughness
1 (Half-Elf) Monk Dilettante
3 Augment Summons/Spell Focus: Evocation
6 Maximize Spell
9 Heighten Spell
12 Empower Spell
15 Quicken Spell/Spell Focus: Conjuration
18 Spell Focus: Evocation/Greater SF: Evocation

I may dump Augment Summoning depending on the effectiveness of the Wolf pet. However, the one I have in beta right now is a hair under 1000hp unbuffed, and as a Ranger has Evasion. Quicken is not strictly needed, but will likely be welcome later on. I would take a Greater Evocation Focus if I dumped either feat.

Monk Dilettante is for 20% Healing Amp. Fighter Dilettante is also useful early on as a backup, but Flameblade is almost as good, so I'll probably rely on that instead.

The bulk of the Druid offensive spells are Evocation, with some Conjuration spells. So Cleric and Sorcerer past lives are useful to the Druid, both boosting their DCs on their main spells.

For a Human, I would fit in the Greater Evocation Focus regardless. Move all feats up a level. Possibly fit in Greater SF: Conjuration as well. Drop STR by two points for a 34 point build, two more for 32.

Extend might be useful early on, but swap later. Druids have all of one short-term buff, and it's only useful on your pet and in animal shapes.

Lightning/Cold spec will be the most powerful, with Light spells bringing up as a tertiary damage type when those don't work. You'll also have effective fire spells, but given the number of fire immune mobs later, I don't plan on focusing on those until I have the others beefed up.

Skills, max out concentration, spot, and one other. Humans will have 4 skill points to spend. Balance is good, as is UMD. Druids get the Jump spell, so points there are largely wasted.

Epic Levels and Destiny:

Epic levels gain xp differently from the 1-20 set; they only get xp from epic quests. Unlike regular levels, TRing does not increase this number. You get a feat at 21 and 24, +1 to all skills, and alternating +1 to hit and saves each level. The feat can be spent on anything you wish, and offers a good many epic-only feats. For Aerii the Druid, I would probably fit in Epic Spell Focus Evocation, and maybe the Epic Toughness or something, depending on if I qualify.

The Epic destinies are basically "classes" you take using AP. You select an initial Destiny from your regular class' "sphere", and gain ap to put into that. You can, eventually, grind out all 10 existing Destinies, and can use one at a time.

There are also Twists of Fate, which allow you to use features and abilities from different Destinies that you've leveled in with each other. For example using the insta-kill from Grandmaster of Flowers as an Unyielding Sentinel. There's a lot of powerful abilities, such as regenerating Lay on Hands for Paladins, and up to +6 in a single stat depending on which destiny you're in.

Last edited:
Servers tanked? I get a weird error about fonts when I fire the game. Just me?

trouble here too, when i went to look at forums, got some weird website

Found a tweet from ddo saying to flush dns server, but might have to wait for your isp to do it. Don't know how long that will take for mine... oh well, maybe i can play tomorrow.

They spilled Mountain Dew on the server and are currently scouring the nation for parts for a Commodore64.

Temp Fix: BACK UP THE HOSTS FILE FIRST, IN A FEW DAYS, SWITCH TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION.

To solve it edit the c:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file and add the following in it :

Code:

74.201.102.43 ddo.com
74.201.102.43 www.ddo.com
74.201.102.13 gls.ddo.com
74.201.102.13 gls-auth.ddo.com
74.201.102.42 forums.ddo.com
74.201.102.11 patch.ddo.com

This will force your computer to use the correct addresses for the game, allowing you to play. Note, I did not have an issue myself, on Comcast. It could be a problem with either specific ISPs, or localized in certain areas.

I actually had no issues earlier when I logged in, ran Cairii through Delera's for a level and a shiny trinket. At work right now so I can't check though.

Ah, so you were Cairii ? I already had wondered when I had read this name on the guild members page ... ;)

Aracaram Signsearcher is now officially a citizen of Stormreach ! ;) He is the Artificr I had begun some weeks ago.
Do you mind if I send him a guild invite from my Ranger Alrikadaram ? Or would someone of you rather do it ? I really don't know.

Anyway, I'm off to my TDE pen & paper group ! Until later ! :)

As long as you're an officer, you can bring in any alts you may have.

I made Cairii due to the plethora of posts on the DDO forums insisting that a nude, 1st life no gear 28 point Wizard could dominate at-level elites. Even with gear obtained through the last two years, 32 point builds, being able to craft to fill in gaps, knowing most of the at level quests like I know the inside of my lathe, and having a guild which has provided a number of spells, I still do not have a "dominant" character that can solo elites like they're not even there.

Speaking of which, Negative Energy Burst is a good way to get some fast healing in as a Pale Master in form.

I made Cairii due to the plethora of posts on the DDO forums insisting that a nude, 1st life no gear 28 point Wizard could dominate at-level elites.

LOL, I've seen that post, too ! :lol:

With my shift change occurring a couple of weeks sooner than expected, I realized two things: 1, I'm going to be running a First life character in a group that has a 3rd life character and is elite streaking, and 2, I'll likely be playing with the group again, and if so, I'll need a character.

So I've been working on a Rogue to fill in. I'll simply swap between Rogue and Mr Pump to keep from out-leveling everyone once we reach level 8. It does mean that we may end up repeating some necessary stuff, like Necro II and VoN, for both characters. Or I can just go back and run it when I get a chance; both these characters are likely to become Shroud farmers in the end anyway.

Another issue is the lack of Arcane buffs, which means no GH, no Blur, and -2 (I'll drink Heroism pots) to my trap skills.

With my shift change occurring a couple of weeks sooner than expected, I realized two things: 1, I'm going to be running a First life character in a group that has a 3rd life character and is elite streaking, and 2, I'll likely be playing with the group again, and if so, I'll need a character.

So I've been working on a Rogue to fill in. I'll simply swap between Rogue and Mr Pump to keep from out-leveling everyone once we reach level 8. It does mean that we may end up repeating some necessary stuff, like Necro II and VoN, for both characters. Or I can just go back and run it when I get a chance; both these characters are likely to become Shroud farmers in the end anyway.

Another issue is the lack of Arcane buffs, which means no GH, no Blur, and -2 (I'll drink Heroism pots) to my trap skills.
I was under the impression that jm was going to cover the arcane role.

My Arti went level 5 today, and I did a few nice and good PUG runs.

One rather strange encounter was someone doing a few quests with me and then kind of begging me to get invited to the guild I'm in. I explained that this wasn't possible that well. I) don't remember the name right now anymore ...

Which leads me towards the character named Sophienna from a few weeks ago - she has already found another guild.
We stay I contact, however, because this is the only German-language player I know on Khyber so far.

Roger and out.

We still have quite away to go with our current TR's and once we finish to cap we will then have to consider the new stuff plus our planned upcoming TR's. Perhaps we need to discuss exactly what we plan to do.

Finally broke down and bought the expansion. Now I've got to make a decision. I've got 1 greater tome to dole out. It seems that would be best applied to Wouldii so that he gets 20 levels worth of XP bonus, but last Friday the group seemed rather set on putting the tome on Phuury. Thoughts?

I picked up the artificer class with the points that came with the standard edition and I've got the heart, so I'll probably TR Wouldii before too long, even though he'll just sit there for a while.

Tying into Corwin's post, I think we should run the new TR group as soon as everyone is ready. Just as far as getting them off the island. With Wouldii being my crafter, I'm intending to make him (and probably Klubbir) some gear but I can't hit the crafting hall until we all get off Korthos. Just like with Phuury, I intend not to use Wouldii except with the group, so I'll go with whatever the group decides.

Back
Top Bottom