Heroes of Might & Magic Kingdoms - Browser Game Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ubisoft has announced a web-based persistent-state HoMM game called Kingdoms. You can check out the website and here's the official press release:
LONDON, UK –13th December, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Heroes of Might and Magic® Kingdoms , a new Web-based game in the critically-acclaimed Heroes of Might and Magic series is being developed for a Spring 2008 worldwide launch.
Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms is a strategy game set in a persistent version of the heroic-fantasy world of Heroes of Might and Magic. Thousands of players will be able to rule their virtual kingdoms, lead gigantic armies against each other, master the trades or create legendary heroes. The game requires no download or installation, only an Internet connection. In addition, players can play at their own pace; from 10 minutes to multiple-hour sessions.
“This is a new type of game for Ubisoft, one that allows you to jump into a rich and complex universe just with your Web browser,” said Serge Hascoët, Chief Creative Officer. “Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms will open a wide door to the Might and Magic universe, allowing players to immerse themselves within it unlike ever before.”
An exclusive key for the beta test is hidden in the Heroes of Might and Magic Complete Edition that releases today, you can also register on www.hommkingdoms.com.
More information.

Seems like they are trying to capitalize on some of the succes Travian has had. And the HoMM setting is perfect for this kind of game, so it looks interesting.
Then it's just up to me to decide whether or not I want to invest as many hours in a browser game as I did with Travian. It just doesn't seem worth it.

But no matter if I'll play it or not then I'm happy on behalf of Ubisoft and the HoMM franchise. This is a perfect way to use its qualities in new areas.

But no matter if I'll play it or not then I'm happy on behalf of Ubisoft and the HoMM franchise. This is a perfect way to use its qualities in new areas.
I for myself would like it more to see the next *real* homm.

I've never played a game online in my life, but I must say this looks very interesting. . It also says it's free to play, catch being I guess that you have to have bought this HoMM Complete collection, which would be silly in my case since I have all the games but the last expansion. Perhaps they'll open it up more after the beta.

magerette said:
I've never played a game online in my life,
Didn't you played a lot of diablo at one point? Or do you mean paying as mmog?

I played LAN Diablo with my son, but not online. I did have a great muling program (ATMA) though, and a few cheats, like all the runes, so I got the almost MMO form. :)

I for myself would like it more to see the next *real* homm.

you mean King's Bounty then? Or are you waiting for the next real King's Bounty?

---

This Kingdoms thing? Anything like Guild Wars?

This game seems decent enogh for a freeware. I guess Ubisoft is trying to improve the Might and Magic brand. This just might do the trick.

for myself would like it more to see the next *real* homm.
I'm pretty confident there will be HoMMVI, as Nival is hiring people for a new HoMM project and AFAIK they didn't create this game. IIRC HoMM Kingdoms is done by someone else. Note also, in China, Ubisoft is launching soon a game called Heros of Might and Magic Online, which is also an online HoMM http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=1197060613.

This game seems decent enogh for a freeware. I guess Ubisoft is trying to improve the Might and Magic brand. This just might do the trick.

Improve the Might and Magic brand? Give us Might and Magic X!!!!

I just wait until HOMM makes BOMM !

Back
Top Bottom