IGN - Best of E3

Hmmmpf. And not a single one of those games on my 'need to play' list. - Maybe Dragon Age someday.

Mass Effect is still being labeled as an RPG:thinking:

Def Jam Rap Star looks better then most of those RPGs. THIS IS THE NEW SHIT LOL

My best of E3 will always go to Hearts of Iron 3! Or whatever game Paradox is making at the time!

Personally I feel that AP is showing a lot of promise. Finally a setting I haven't explored in anything but silly action titles.

I have no doubt whether ME is or is not an RPG: It is an RPG. Sure, there's a lot of action, but there's also choices with consequences (very important ones too). And, of course, there's the mandatory levelling system.

On an "RPG element scale", I'd put ME far above titles like Oblivion, simply because the galaxy is shaped depending on your actions.

And, of course, there's the mandatory levelling system.
Which to my memory you can ignore for a long period and still get the job done.

Which to my memory you can ignore for a long period and still get the job done.

And for ME2 they're even advertising that it's more action oriented than ME1 so... Quake. Again, making decisions doesn't really make an RPG, if it were so then Indigo Prophesy and many other adventure games would be RPGs.

Add levelling and combat to most adventure games, and they would certainly become RPGs.

The whole list has one big drawback : Everything interesting for me appears only on consoles ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom