Fallout 4 - Official Announcement

Given the recent controversy around the Witcher 3 downgrade, I wonder if Bethesda didn't do the right thing this time… Not saying that they did because of the Witcher thing, unless they had a choice of trailers and went for the one less hyped.

Bethesda games, since Morrowind, had their own graphical/AI downgrade before release as well. Oblivion being their biggest "graphic-gate and AI-gate" controversy.

I expect a downgrade from the trailer. That dog and character models were too polished compared to the landscape LOD being almost crappier than Skyrim.

too much color :(

I think Bethsoft's hype machine is strong here, and no matter how hard I try, some people will get excited. If there was no Dogmeat in the trailer, I'm sure people would get excited over a bridge, or a ruined building, on an armor set, or even a pebble.

hahaha no matter how hard you try people will get excited? Did you read what you wrote...better yet, do you believe what you wrote?

Some of you...wow.

oh my... another fps shooter/trash collect simulator
i really love f1 and 2 but i also really hate the fps versions.

oh my… another fps shooter/trash collect simulator
i really love f1 and 2 but i also really hate the fps versions.

Borderlands is a post-apoc FPS, Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV, no matter what you believe, think or say, will never be comparible to Borderlands. That does not mean that Borderlands is a bad game (not my choice, too cartoonish for me), nor does that mean that Fallout 3/ NV are better games just because they can be labeled as RPGs. They just are. And if that annoys you that much, just call them action RPGs. Although there much more action going on Wasteland 2, but nevermind that...

When I said it was an instabuy I didn't see the price tag yet.

For 50€ I would have bought it, but honestly, 60€??
It's not that 10€ are that much of a difference, but I somehow refrain from support someone who charges such an absurdly high price...

Well, with some luck it gets a 5-10% sale during summer sale. In any case if it stands like that, I probably won't buy it for the full price, especially considering that there will be some dlcs and a game of the year edition anyways.

Well this site never fails to amuse me at least with it's news-bit comments everyday. So I'll say this again because of all the negativity, Fallout 4 is a day one purchase for me.

So while you all whine and complain as usual, I'll be enjoying my time playing it.:cool:

Edit: I'll share this from Crave online.

Link - http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...phics-may-lead-us-never-seeing-honest-trailer
The reaction suggests also perpetuates that age-old belief that gamers would rather have a game that looks good than a game that is fun to play. As previously mentioned, I was never bowled over by Fallout 3‘s awkward animations, nor the washed-out textures of its environment, but I piled countless hours into that game for a variety of other reasons outside of its technical proficiency. Sure, I’d have liked for the Fallout 4 trailer to have bowled it over with its gorgeous visuals (though it’s lighting does admittedly look rather splendid), and I’d rather that the Gamebryo engine be put out to pasture, but Fallout 3‘s mediocre graphics didn’t dampen my love of the game, so why would they prevent me from enjoying Fallout 4?

Upon watching the Fallout 4 trailer, you’d have to believe that Bethesda realizes this. They know that people want more Fallout, and that those people didn’t spend so much time in the world of Fallout 3 because of its textures, so they didn’t consider that they should lead us all along on a string by showing us a trailer that wouldn’t be representative of the finished product.

People will eventually place Fallout 4’s graphics under scrutiny when the game is eventually released. Maybe its animations will prove to be detrimental to the game itself, and maybe some may find themselves unable to overlook its visual flaws in favor of digging into the game that’s buried beneath them. We won’t know until that day comes, so for now all we have to go by is this three minute trailer, and maybe this says more about our lowered expectations when it comes to the triple-A gaming industry’s treatment of its consumer, but hey: at least it’s honest.

Last edited:
Well, considering how much gaming hours Bethesda RPGs give me (even with all the bugs), this one is already in my wishlist and certainly will be a pre-order, like Skyrim

Well this site never fails to amuse me at least with it's news-bit comments everyday. So I'll say this again because of all the negativity, Fallout 4 is a day one purchase for me.

So while you all whine and complain as usual, I'll be enjoining my time playing it.:cool:

Link - http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...phics-may-lead-us-never-seeing-honest-trailer

I don't really understand what's wrong with negativity per se. The way I see it is that negativity is only problem if that's the only thing we get. Also if you only get positivity then this place will be bloody boring. However luckily at the watch we have negativity and positivity in equal measure. :)

I'm going to wait for the Goty edition or something like that. It just makes no sense to buy something like this at release day. Benthesa games will always benefit from patches and user mods.

Quoting a section of Couch's quoted opinion piece:
The reaction suggests also perpetuates that age-old belief that gamers would rather have a game that looks good than a game that is fun to play.

People can't argue about gameplay or features, because none was shown in the trailer.

Going by the gameplay changes between Oblivion and Skyrim, who wants to bet that they remove SPECIAL? After all, if attributes are too complex for The Elder Scrolls, why would they be fine for Fallout…

I'm going to wait for the Goty edition or something like that. It just makes no sense to buy something like this at release day. Benthesa games will always benefit from patches and user mods.

and all the DLCs for a lot less than bought separately.

I always go for the GOTY or buy the original at release and buy a discounted GOTY with all DLCs/expac way later.

So while you all whine and complain as usual, I'll be enjoying my time playing it.:cool:

You may get amused by it, I'm starting to get annoyed by it. I think after awhile it just gets stupid. I mean completely juvenile.

You may get amused by it, I'm starting to get annoyed by it. I think after awhile it just gets stupid. I mean completely juvenile.
Don't worry Rune as I find the comments to be juvenile/grumpy at times also. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry Rune as I find the comments to be juvenile at times also. :)

I think for my sanity(and the mods) I may have to take a break or I may lay into people...

Juvenile? Pretty sure it's the exact opposite: Grumpy, the old man version!

"It was all better in the ooolden days.. !"

That being said: Bethesda usually blow me away with their teasers, but they didn't this time. I'll still pre-order it though. There aren't that many massive, open world RPGs on the way.

Do I have to even say I'm a day one purchaser? I'm one of the original Bethesda fanboys. I spent 2 years on the Dalnet #morrowind channel talking to the devs everyday and still send and receive emails from some of the crew. I'll buy several copies of the game, just as I did all other Bethesda products :)

I may even be done with Witcher 3 by the time it releases. So glad that CDPR is joining the realm of open-world, first or third person crpgs. I'm hoping that they will release games faster than every 5 years and really become a competitor with a vibrant modding community. That would be the only thing to compel Bethesda; true competition.

P.S. I want another lunchbox :)

I don't see a need to pre-order. Bethesda doesn't need my money to make this game. It should be almost done.

Finally, there is one thing that will stop me from buying Fallout 4 and that would be monetized mods. That was a debacle and I won't pay Bethesda and Steam for other people's work.

Last edited:
Finally, there is one thing that will stop me from buying Fallout 4 and that would be monetized mods. That was a debacle and I won't pay Bethesda and Steam for other people's work.

Totally! That was a terrible move. If they do a system where the mod maker gets the vast majority of the money, then that would be a lot more palatable, but I still would be unlikely to buy amateur player made mods personally, unless they were up to a high professional standard. Which would probably be very few in number.

I would start preparing yourself for that. Monetizing user-generated content is going to be one of the major schemes in the coming years.

I would start preparing yourself for that. Monetizing user-generated content is going to be one of the major schemes in the coming years.

Sadly I think Ripper is correct, we will see this from day one for FO4. After all they need to make the money they lost on ESO.

Back
Top Bottom