Fallout 3 - HD remake soon?

Yeah, nobody except IGN (cough) has said anything about an HD remake...

Are IGN somehow now a reliable news source with their random speculating?

Considering that there are HD mods available for free I just can't see how this could be a thing.

Maybe they're about to release it on gog.com (hopefully along with Dishonored & Call of Cthulhu, and maybe New Vegas if it wasn't banned separately). I'm assuming Germany is a huge part of the sales that would be generated through gog so it would be worth getting it unbanned there first.

Of course this is just wishful thinking because I really want Dishonored & Call of Cthulhu on gog. :)

I recently wanted to replay Fallout 3 with all the DLC, got a load of crap from non-existant GfWL, got angry, uninstalled, cried a little.

So yeah, an updated and maybe patched Fallout would be welcome. But will we all have to pay for it again, even if we already bought the disfunct original?

So yeah, an updated and maybe patched Fallout would be welcome. But will we all have to pay for it again, even if we already bought the disfunct original?
IF it ever happens then, most likely, yeah. After all it's Beth not CDPR...

On the other hand, I feel ripped of, my good Sir.
Case in point: I have a PS4 and it is full of "HD remasters". Final Fantasy X, God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted, you name it -- and more recently…
… tadaaaaaa…
Frickin Final Fantasy SEVEN! (In glorious upscaled "HD", no less!)
Because you cannot import your older PSN PSOne purchases to PS4!
Doesn't matter, you'll buy it again, wouldn't you?

I understand the business logic behind this dreadful practice though.
AAA games requiring more and more time and money to develop, and marketing must keep the ball rolling at retail.
Nevertheless, there must be some alternative to this ripoff.

Nah, you haven't been ripped off. They tell you what you'll get and the price, then if you buy it , you get it. No ripoff.

On the flipside. I never got last of us for PS3 but felt the remastered version was worth every penny on ps4.

My son got baldurs gate EE for 9.99. A fully modded first play through of baldurs gate for 9.99. That's a freakin steal not a rip off.

What's wrong with a better version of a great game? And if you don't think it's better or better enough then don't buy it. No harm in that.

Well if it's more compatible with Win 7,8, & 10 I'll buy the damn game again.:mad:

Odd. I play FO3 on Win7 with GFWL removed, I have the GotY on disk version. Have had it running fine for a looong time. If I can find it I'll post instructions for removing GFWL when I get home.

Btw for iron sites you can import FO3 into FONV as a mod. Look up Tale of Two Wastelands (you need to own FO3 so you can import it).

Re the OP... Meh, I'm not that fussed on an HD remake. FO3 with a few readily available mods still looks fine to me.

-kaos

I think it is worth pointing out that the claim that 'they should make new games instead of remaking older ones' is largely nonsensical. It's a totally different job. It's not as if they are using their designers work time up on this. It is the sort of thing you do when your artists and and technical people have some time on their hands.

Or to put it another way, the ability to make good new games is constrained by the available time of talented game designers. That resource is not consumed by a project like this.

I'll would buy it if it had all the Dlc and HD improved.
However, I would probably stay true to form and wait for the steam sale so I could get it on sale or most likely wait until they offer the whole franchise on sale like they always do.

Not only an unnecessary remake, but an unnecessary remake of an awful game with one of the worst stories I've ever played. Oh, I'm sooo excited...

As I mentioned earlier:

XboxOne port + Fallout 4 popularity = callitwhateverthefuckyouwant. If people seriously believe Bethesda is going to spend the next two years creating new assets for a 7 1/2 year old game, they're delusional. Expect some lipstick on a pig sometime in the Fall.

Nah, you haven't been ripped off. They tell you what you'll get and the price, then if you buy it , you get it. No ripoff.

You are right, technically this is not a ripoff. It is a cheap cash in.
Yaaay, I'm so happy now :)

Again, back to my original post: why don't they spend time and effort to resurrect a great, old game for the new generation instead?

Because it is riskier marketing-wise?
It is harder to develop?
It is more expensive to produce?

If the answer is a definitive Yes on any of these questions, then -- you may joyfully kiss my a** , my dear Beth.

Again, back to my original post: why don't they spend time and effort to resurrect a great, old game for the new generation instead?

Because it is riskier marketing-wise?
It is harder to develop?
It is more expensive to produce?

Maybe, but maybe Beth is convinced that great, old games are just too complicated for the new generation?

This seems more likely to just be pointing to a German launch that hadn't been able to officially happen because of the ban. I mean sure if they intend to sell any copies (and keep selling them during steam sales in general) that would probably mean official windows 10 support and removal of GFWL. The simplest/cheapest way to do that for them and to still have the large attractive existing mod ecosystem as a selling point would be a patch to all versions, right?

Back
Top Bottom