Last game you finished, tell us about it

I am robbing the berserkers blind, but I realize that will only go so far. Does anyone know how many of the berserker quests resolved the wrong way it takes to fail to be able to join? Kind of want that 1000 elexit for the sword and to help the cleric.

Not sure, but I'm guessing you'll get more answers to these questions in the Elex forum. ;)

ME1 is a brilliant space-jock sim, born out of ideas like Star Trek. It's flawed, but for me it is to modern gaming what Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday or Star Control 2 was to 90's gaming - the best "space-jock/commander" RPG experience you can get. Whether you like that depends on what you connect with, enjoy, and are after. If you're playing it for the combat, it's not the game for you.

Whereas ME2 was a shooter with a few dialogue options. I enjoyed it myself to a fair degree, but whereas ME1 blows away pretty much any other game trying to do what it did, ME2 is a shooter with average/poor shooting mechanics, and there's a load of games out there who do what it tried to do better.

Simply put, ME1 is at the top of it's field, ME2 isn't. Whether you like each field is a different story, but the core of ME2 s an on-rails shooter with a few choice elements, and to see it included ahead of ME1 in these lists only shows one thing to me - that a shooter can be passed off as an RPG if fluffed up right.

And in a nut shell this is why I have started and stopped ME1 three times. My last play through I think I got about 4/5 of the way through. It's a good RPG but something about the story just isn't compelling me to finish. But you know what, I do want to finish it. It was fun exploring and scanning all those planets. The combat was fun too. And running around that vast space station was fun. And as far as sci fi RPGs, they did a pretty good job. As I write this I am getting kinda nostalgic for a play through again. Looks like something to pick up (and finally finish) after Elex.

And now I know why ME2 and ME3 have no pull for me. I never got an RPG vibe from any word of mouth.

The best thing about ME-1 was that free DLC (down under?). I wish all planet landings had as detailed a story - or at least a few of them…

I think it was called 'Down with the Sky' or something like that. Yeah, I remember that being pretty good especially for a free DLC.

That was the first, and only, time I can recall EA/Bioware giving us something decent for free. :)

Last game I played to the end was Fallout 4 but I kinda ran out of enthusiasm by the time I got 10 minutes into the NukaCola World DLC (though I played the other DLCs to completion, I think). I'm thinking of playing Elex but I'm worried it will be as disappointing as Gothic 3. Gothic 3, of course, was that game that you could lead a little itty bitty lone goblin into a cave of well-armed bandits, and they would all converge on the poor little goblin, and then, miraculously, the goblin would start whacking and hacking back with his wee little fists of furry, and hold them all at bay, indefinitely with neither side taking any damage… forever and ever, and you think: "What mad Radiant AI universe is this?"

ELEX is very nice. I am playing it now.

Last game I finished was Starpoint Gemini 2, which was very slick in its presentation, but the gameplay was underwhelming. I started Rebel Galaxy after that, but was turned off by the lack of a vertical axis in space.

ELEX is very nice. I am playing it now.

Last game I finished was Starpoint Gemini 2, which was very slick in its presentation, but the gameplay was underwhelming. I started Rebel Galaxy after that, but was turned off by the lack of a vertical axis in space.

I played that a couple of years ago. It was ok despite classically terrible VO. For me, enjoyable enough to consider playing the several major DLCs released since then where I understand they ramped up the feature set quite a bit, but I'm still hearing it lacks that certain something. My favorite part of SG2 was the ability to board enemy ships and commandeer them for your own fleet, but this is probably very standard stuff in space sims. On the other hand, I'm hearing great things about Elex. My ideal space RPG is one where you aren't planet-bound and and can go anywhere the fuck you want to go, do what you want, etc. ie The Precursers though I heard it's also a disappointment.

And in a nut shell this is why I have started and stopped ME1 three times.

Same here with ME1: the story and poor UI killed it for me. The villain was known (or inforced) from the beginning, doing the dirty work as part of bro-fisting, self-inforced inter-galactic police .. Dragon Age Origins had much better starts with motivations and much more freedom of choice as who and what you want to be (even if virtual).

I forgot I also played Avadon this summer. It wasn't bad. I actually like the class skills. But it still feels like any of the other 99 Spiderweb games. I am not motivated to play the sequels.

My old post needs some update. This one (condensed):
After cca 100 hours I've almost completed Assassin's Creed Origins.
What's that almost? That's fukn need4speed chariot races. I did "the tutorial race" just so I can write about it, but that filler garbage does not deserve to waste time on it.
Everything else, locations, main story and all sidequests I cleared.

Till Ubi removes scamware and c&c happens:

7/10
Well, news people!
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/01/assassins-creed-origins-december-update-adds-new-god/

Today, Ubisoft has outlined what the December title update for Assassin’s Creed Origins will look like, and players should be excited, because they’re in for a lot of new content. According to the company via a brand new blog post on the game, players are in for more challenges this month, including a new difficulty mode, enemy scaling, and more.

The new difficulty mode, called Nightmare mode, will make the game infinitely more tough, with enemies becoming more resilient to damage and also more dangerous. Enemies will also be scaled on lower modes with a new enemy scaling option. When enabled, this option will make the game automatically scale the lower level enemies to your level. This should make the game a bit easier for those who are having trouble with the fights.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...mber-update-adds-new-god/#gUJ6lPiYz2b42yW4.99

For all I know, it was me who bought this game, not JDR and not dart!
I don't want the bullshit scaling nor difficulty idiocies! It means I'm dropping -1 on it, aka:

6/10

A reminder for all of us graphics whores, this is not a screenshot from AC Origins, nor is from Battlefront2, Destiny 1/2, nor from any other stuff critics praise for beauty then vote MGS5 as their goty:
gjzjpfg0odqqqy2xfhya.jpg

Last edited:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Great story, well built, interesting world that felt alive with solid voice work that helped push the narrative. Only let down by a weak ending and some performance issues. I definitely enjoyed it more than Human Revolutions.

Finished Jade Empire. It's a fun enough game for a single play through. Took me ~ 15hours to complete, I don't think I've finished all available quests, but I'd say about 80% or so of all quests.

The game has terrible pacing issue. The first chapter is mind numbingly boring, things start to pick up slowly in the second chapter, and the game peaks at the third chapter. From here on, the game/story progresses so fast, the remaining 4 chapters were over in a few hours (I think roughly about 2.5 hours). Also, too many cut scenes towards the end.

Some quests are quite well-written, but overall very predictable. The world and lore didn't really draw me in. The people within Jade Empire is so boring (including the companions you travel with), I found the arrogant snob from the "Western/foreign" culture who wants to educate the boring "Eastern peasants" the most interesting character of all.

The story was ok - if I went into this without knowing the "big surprise" plot twist, maybe I would have been more impressed, but even so, the events leading up to that point was so underwhelming and told very poorly in my opinion.

The combat is RT, so there is not much "tactic" involved. You just need to time the attack or dodge/block and switch the fighting style as some enemies have immunity to certain "school" of fighting style. In the early game, the combat is really boring but gets more fun as you learn/unlock more fighting style.

As I mentioned earlier, the game is very short (~15 hours for me). I personally didn't mind it - any longer, it would have dragged on and I would have lost interest.

The game has quite a lot of similarities to Bioware's other games around that era, like KotOR and Mass Effect. Personally, I enjoyed JE more than KotOR. Although the JE universe failed to draw me in, I still found it more interesting than KotOR where the game assumes the player as SW fan.

I know some may disagree with me, but I really found the whole "Tho Fan" recording irritating and immersion breaking. While I found the "alien language" in KotOR annoying due to the same voice recording playing over and over, I could at least agree it "makes sense" for alien species to speak their own "foreign" language. With JE, my character is suppose to be able to understand "Tho Fan", so at least should be somewhat familiar with it, but it just sounded plain weird and silly on top of American/Canadian voice overs. Yes, the VO in general was really terrible in JE.

Overall though, I enjoyed it for what it is for $5 I've paid on GoG. I'd say if you are in a mood to play a game set in Eastern setting, grab it on sale and have a go. Not worth more than $5 though in my opinion.

@SpoonFULL; thought you might be interested to read this. Happy to provide more detail if you want :)

Last edited:
Bioshock remaster. I liked it better the first time I played but I never loved this game. The remaster version has decent graphics (not great animations for graphics whores but I think it is fine). The game mechancis are ok i guess but not nearly as good as recent fps (I don't consider this an rpg/fps hybrid). I don't think the story is that fantastic but some folks go wild over it. Anyway I mostly played to play bioshock 2 (which I never played). So that is next...

Finished Jade Empire....

@SpoonFULL; thought you might be interested to read this. Happy to provide more detail if you want :)

Thank you purpleblob for this review, and it agrees with my view after playing JE few years ago for about 10 hours. I will leave it for now and return some time when I finish more prominent Bioware games. I am currently playing KOTOR 1, and beside the UI, which I am getting used to now, I am enjoying it and it is giving me DA:O vibes.

Take care and happy holidays and prosperous new year to all.

Just finished DOS2 after…loads of hours. It actually dragged a little bit toward the end, and I'm happy to finally put it aside for now. A great experience all in all, but all three of the other games I've played through this year actually felt more satisfying to finish (WL2, PoE and T:ToN). The gameplay of DOS2 is exellent though, and Larian did a great job improving on the first game. There's still some caveeats for me though, mainly the ARPG loot system which I pretty much hate and the exponential power curves. Rating? I'd say 8.5/10 to me.

Last edited:
Just finished caveblazers! Started playing it one week ago and at first I thought I would never be able to finish it as it is quite difficult. I was never been able to get to the third boss (there are 5 in total), but suddenly today everything worked out beautifully.

I went with the rune perk (haven't unlocked every perk yet either) which allowed me to convert my shield runes to about +15 melee and range damage (using the boost rune). The final boss wasn't even that difficult with the damage I was doing (using a superior moon sword and basic drill bow, both about +29 damage).

All in all, a very fun intermezzo. These roguelites can be quite addicting. I did miss some permanent progression with caveblazers (like you had with rogue legacy, where you could buy upgrades in an upgrade tree with the money collected of the previous run).

I just finished Prey.
Okay. I suspected the truth after about 2/3 of the game, but I still hadn't thought ... well ... oh well.
Anyway, I really loved it, but now I need to install my Christmas present (Wolfenstein II) and game on.
After playing some ESO first.

Back
Top Bottom