Black Geyser - Gameplay Video & Kickstarter Soon

Meh I enjoy both RTwP and turn-based RPGs. :p

It has nothing to do with enjoyment. It has to do with capacity, ability.

People can enjoy things they can barely do.

The situation is that RTwP demand an entry basic set of skills to be played. Players demonstrated not to have those skills.

This led to a demand for relieving them from having this basic set of skills like being able to place inputs in RT (which they cant as they must pause to do that)

This led to products like Tyranny in which fights solve themselves with no inputs from a player.

Kind of pattern of thoughts leading to driverless cars. People can claim they enjoy driver cars and driver less cars the same way.
People without the skill of driving can even act as if they were able of driving, putting their hands on the wheels etc

At the end of the day, it changes nothing, there will be those who enjoy driving and those who enjoy being driven around. When people do not know how to drive, they can claim all day long they enjoy driving when being driven in a driver less car.

The devs are ESL in a very hilarious and awkward way. If you look at their youtube videos this is quite clear. The voice over actor reads the script verbatim, and there are grammar errors in even the tiny bit of narration.

Proof reading is something that people involved in early access must be able to deliver.
Participating to a product developpment is underlined by crowdfunding supporters.

I prefer turn base; some rtwp work some don't. I like to make a front line (tactics). It seemed to mostly work with old black-isle games (iwd,b. gate) but with newer games starting with dragon age origin it never seemed to work at all. Can't think of a rtwp from dragon age origin onwards that had reasonable tactics.

Proof reading is something that people involved in early access must be able to deliver.

I don't agree that the responsibility of editing falls on the players, but that's not the point. The point is that this team already seems highly unpolished to begin with. And that's something to consider when thinking about backing a kickstarter campaign.

Also, typos are one thing, but overall grammatical structure is something else entirely. You need a proper editor and writers capable of creating something coherent. This dev team has not shown that it has either.

Besides, is there any guarantee this will be in Early Access? If so, can you point it out to me?

Participating to a product developpment is underlined by crowdfunding supporters.

I don't know what this means.

Good news! Kickstarter launch on 26th April, 11 AM Eastern Time (United States EST). Late afternoon for European. In the meantime, there will be a Reddit AMA as well as an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on our upcoming Discord channel.

Regarding the discussion above:

couchpotato: thank you for your post. Indeed, someone who admittedly thinks that "RTwP is awful" is not going to praise an RTwP game. :) On a side note, for example, this video is narrated (played in-game) by a native American team member, Steve. So far, we received no negative feedback regarding his speech or what he says. We welcome all feedback, especially if someone points out mistakes that should be corrected.

On a side note, for example, this video is narrated (played in-game) by a native American team member, Steve. So far, we received no negative feedback regarding his speech or what he says. We welcome all feedback, especially if someone points out mistakes that should be corrected.

That guy actually has a good speaking voice. No problem there, IMO.

Good news! Kickstarter launch on 26th April, 11 AM Eastern Time (United States EST). Late afternoon for European. In the meantime, there will be a Reddit AMA as well as an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on our upcoming Discord channel.

Regarding the discussion above:

couchpotato: thank you for your post. Indeed, someone who admittedly thinks that "RTwP is awful" is not going to praise an RTwP game. :) On a side note, for example, this video is narrated (played in-game) by a native American team member, Steve. So far, we received no negative feedback regarding his speech or what he says. We welcome all feedback, especially if someone points out mistakes that should be corrected.

To be fair, my hate for RTwP is less with RTwP . It goes way back when I first fired up BG and was excited for turn based D&D. And then got RTwP instead. RTwP is bearable, and even good if done right (FTL, 7,62).

If you guys launch a good polished kickstarter then it might go well. I'm more concerned with your lore. The interactions we had with you at the codex were not promising. There are some real problems with how you're presenting the lore on your website, and you didn't seem to see those problems (at least back then).

I think it warrants a hard and honest look from an outside party with editing/writing experience IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts and for visiting our Discord channel as well.

You told it on Discord too I know, but for the sake of public information, I repeat my answer here: I checked out the Codex thread a few days ago, and the OP (original poster) is not our team member, so his/her posts weren't official information. Official info is for example the current thread or our website. Having said that, we try to follow every online discussion between players, because your feedback is absolutely a priority for us.

Thanks for your thoughts and for visiting our Discord channel as well.

You told it on Discord too I know, but for the sake of public information, I repeat my answer here: I checked out the Codex thread a few days ago, and the OP (original poster) is not our team member, so his/her posts weren't official information. Official info is for example the current thread or our website. Having said that, we try to follow every online discussion between players, because your feedback is absolutely a priority for us.

Got it. Thanks for answering my questions. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom