If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly...

D

Deleted User

If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly…

Last edited:
Aye my dog Wolfgar had that disease in his later years as well as severe hip dysplacia. He had to FMO surgeries at 14 months old on his back legs which solved the hip issue (had the ball joints removed) and he lived a good 10 years with 80% mobility. Then he had trouble walking, holding in his poops. Vet told me what it was and that it would move up his back and paralyze his lungs. Poor guy had every bad thing in the book but he was such a loyal dog. I had to put him to sleep and it was my first dog. I am wet in the eye now just remembering it. I cried for days afterwards. He trusted me and I had to hold him in my arms as they put him to sleep.

The last thing he saw was me looking at him before he shut his eyes forever and went still. I can't even think about it without crying even now.

Shouldn't have read this post.

Aye my dog Wolfgar had that disease in his later years as well as severe hip dysplacia. He had to FMO surgeries at 14 months old on his back legs which solved the hip issue (had the ball joints removed) and he lived a good 10 years with 80% mobility. Then he had trouble walking, holding in his poops. Vet told me what it was and that it would move up his back and paralyze his lungs. Poor guy had every bad thing in the book but he was such a loyal dog. I had to put him to sleep and it was my first dog. I am wet in the eye now just remembering it. I cried for days afterwards. He trusted me and I had to hold him in my arms as they put him to sleep.

The last thing he saw was me looking at him before he shut his eyes forever and went still. I can't even think about it without crying even now.

Shouldn't have read this post.

Sorry to hear about Wolfgar, wolfgrim. DM is a nasty disease. I made this post to potentially warn others before it's too late. In our case, between the diagnosis of torn ACL and later, a diagnosis of perhaps a small stroke, etc., we weren't able to discern the condition until it was too late. So I hope my post can at least save another puppy in the future who may have the same issue. If caught early, treatment can somewhat extend the dog's lifespan and quality of life.

Sorry for your loss. Both of you.

Pibbur

Thanks Pibbur. We'll both never forget your help over the years. Although I don't know you too well, you're a good person for that. Thank you.

After you have time to mourn you should rescue a dog from a shelter. This will help you get over the pain and bring great joy into your life again. That's what my wife and I did after we lost Buster. One of the best decisions we made.

After you have time to mourn you should rescue a dog from a shelter. This will help you get over the pain and bring great joy into your life again. That's what my wife and I did after we lost Buster. One of the best decisions we made.

After we lost our first cat, we did the same (except that we got a cat. :)). Same with every cat after that.

pibbur

Very sad. Sorry to hear about the losses of these dogs, which, to me, form part of the family.

:(
Poor dogs. Poor cats. Poor you...

My dog is getting up in years. Luckily she is still in good health at the moment. One tumor, but just a fatty one. Will be very sad when she goes.

Back
Top Bottom