Neverwinter Nights: EE - Coming to Steam March 27th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
After being pressed a couple of times

beamdog said:
NWN:EE will not be considered an early access title.

NtsfKva.png

So soon? They just announced it less than four months ago. I suppose they just needed some beta testing then.

Last edited:
They are still adding new features to it actually (mostly backend stuff) and got a lots of stuff planned still.

It's a bit weird to release the game not as a early access title unless Steam has some rules against EE being labelled as such.

Looking forward to this, even minor changes would be great. Otherwise, to hell with Beamdog ( and their remasters)! , naturally.

One thing though, how will it work with community patches?

One thing though, how will it work with community patches?

Why does it need community patches when Beamdog will continue patching the game like they do for the other EEs?

If you mean the CEP (community expansion pack), it still works with the EE version. The Steam version support Steam Workshop too (and the CEP is already on it).

So soon? They just announced it less than four months ago. I suppose they just needed some beta testing then.

I didn't expect a release that early. It's a bit of a surprise as they had their work cut out for them.

I didn't expect a release that early. It's a bit of a surprise as they had their work cut out for them.

It seems like the features they announced wouldn't necessarily need so much time to implement and many of them they already had implemented before the announcement. So if that's there big thing, it doesn't seem like there was anything they would need to beta test or need early access for. They have also not committed to anything else, only hinted that they might consider making new premium modules or some extra assets for modders. We will see if they actually do this. They were very vague in stating what else they will do for the game, beyond working with the modder community. What this means, and what they may then add is all undefined.

I bought both NWN and NWN2, and I really loved NWN2, but found NWN's graphics a little bit too lackluster in comparison (While graphics is not everything, I like a certain level reached).
Will the EE improve the graphics that much? Will it be worth getting it?
I think I also found the UI a little more cumbersome if I remember correctly.

I bought both NWN and NWN2, and I really loved NWN2, but found NWN's graphics a little bit too lackluster in comparison (While graphics is not everything, I like a certain level reached).
Will the EE improve the graphics that much? Will it be worth getting it?
I think I also found the UI a little more cumbersome if I remember correctly.

That's the idea. And some of the new enhancements they have, like better dynamic lighting, upgraded texture mapping, and higher poly models are looking really promising, but too early to tell just yet.

I'll be waiting a bit, as Deadfire is out a few days later. Still, I'll get it at some point, as I do replay NWN every now and then.

Still have to check their Planescape EE. So it's gonna be a while until i will get this one. Plus, there is Deadfire coming.

Back
Top Bottom