Play Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning in Hardcore Mode with improved camera!

D

Deleted User

Hello all!

Not sure how many of you know about this, but there is a "hardcore" mod for Reckoning, which, you guessed it, makes the game more hardcore. Makes it harder, less experience gain, less gold, less fate points, etc.

There is also a camera fix that allows you to pull the camera back to whatever you're comfortable with. Very cool.

Here is the tutorial made by my friend Ill Don. Everything you need is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8nbKtMSSi4

Anyone try these mods yet? How do you like them? I will definitely use them for any future play-throughs of Reckoning, that's for sure.

Does the mod make the game any less soul-destroyingly bland?

(Cor, I've become that guy that goes into a thread about a game he doesn't like just to say he doesn't like it. I hate myself a bit. But really, Amalur was the single most boring, generic game I've ever played. Which is a far worse sin than being broken or bad, in my eyes. I felt the need to share that. If you enjoy it though, more power to you!)

Makes it harder, less experience gain, less gold, less fate points, etc.
Does it remove/change the scaling? Otherwise it matters little.

And I can't entirely agree with mogwins, but I do see the point. I found KoA to be fun... for a while. But it quickly got repetitive & boring.

Does the mod fix the level locking of each area? I ruined my first play through by running off and exploring, which locked every area at its lowest level. Effectively making the game even easier than it already is.

I just started another play through but I'm not too far that I couldn't start over with this mod.

Does the mod fix the level locking of each area?

No.

The mod offers things like "enemies do 200% damage", "hero does 50% damage", "experience gain limited", "fate points limited", etc. etc.

It makes the combat more of a life or death situation and makes the game overall more difficult.

No.

The mod offers things like "enemies do 200% damage", "hero does 50% damage", "experience gain limited", "fate points limited", etc. etc.

It makes the combat more of a life or death situation and makes the game overall more difficult.

I'll check it out is it modular or do you have to install all the changes?

I got crazy and actually just watched the linked video.:biggrin:

It is modular which is a plus but you have to configure it every time you want to play which would be a negative.

I'm on the fence I like the features but this might be a game I need to force myself to finish and if I have to take extra steps just to play (no matter how small) I'm afraid I wont finish it.

Would be a no brainer if it was a one time install.

I think you can save the profile so you don't have to configure it every time. Could be wrong but in that video you definitely see what looks like a save button in the program.

Still, it's worth doing every time because of how much it adds to the game. My friend Don is telling me that it makes the game so much better. He's addicted to the difficult combat and the increased challenge.

If you enjoyed it before you should enjoy it even more with the hardcore mod.

Well, he can have it back!

(Although as a parting shot, I will say that Fnord nailed a major part of the problem I have with the game - everything scales to your level, so there's never any feeling of progression.)

Um... Lemme ask. Does that hardcore mod remove endless respawns so you can't levelup easily and then make mobs harder to kill?

Does the mod make the game any less soul-destroyingly bland?

(Cor, I've become that guy that goes into a thread about a game he doesn't like just to say he doesn't like it. I hate myself a bit. But really, Amalur was the single most boring, generic game I've ever played. Which is a far worse sin than being broken or bad, in my eyes. I felt the need to share that. If you enjoy it though, more power to you!)

The most probably not, but one of the most generic and pale, certainly, but I played only the demo, still bought the game but never played it. Eventually the mechanisms, fights and exploration should have been better but the total failure is the writing which stupidly copied typical MMORPG writing.

Back
Top Bottom