Personal things you don't need to know

I'm back.

Yes - halfway. The second half of the vacation was getting more and more grey, until rain came down. Now the weather here is … BEEEEEP-grey and not funny. So I'm playing SWTOR a bit now, or I'm reading.
And I have lots of good books again ! :) Yay ! :)

I hate having a cold. Seriously.

( Since being a teenager I believed that "a flu" was = "a cold", but now dict.leo.org taught me otherwise ... )

Last cold I had turned into bronchitis, so no thanks. If I feel like I am getting sick, I sleep it off ASAP. Can't afford major sickness.

Last edited:
I had a severe Bronchitis when I was a school-boy. I had to stay at home for several weeks. I tend to believe that since then my lungs and connected body parts are a bit weaker than in healthy people. Especially when I have a cold or my usual spring pollen allergy.

Last edited:
I received Darjeeling tea which I ordered from India obviously. I tried the green tea, but it gave me the absolute worst ulcer I ever had in my life. It was TERRIBLE, I couldn't sleep for hours. Fortunately I have plenty of natural supplements to use to soothe the stomach and it worked wonders… but I'm sad to see that my stomach seems too sensitive to drink many kinds of loose leaf green teas. I would be sad if I could never drink Darjeeling tea. :(

This happened too when I tried to drink too much Dragon Well tea, but never to that effect, it was crazy.

I received Darjeeling tea which I ordered from India obviously. I tried the green tea, but it gave me the absolute worst ulcer I ever had in my life. It was TERRIBLE, I couldn't sleep for hours. Fortunately I have plenty of natural supplements to use to soothe the stomach and it worked wonders… but I'm sad to see that my stomach seems too sensitive to drink many kinds of loose leaf green teas. I would be sad if I could never drink Darjeeling tea. :(

This happened too when I tried to drink too much Dragon Well tea, but never to that effect, it was crazy.

Ouch! Sounds painful.

But was it really an ulcer? Ulcers are very rare, compared to an inflammation of the gastric mucosa (gastritis) which has the same symptoms. Ulcers usually also need a gastroscopy to establish the diagnosis and treatment takes much longer (weeks) than a mere inflammation, which usually only takes a couple of days.

Anyhow, in many cases the presence of the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori, is the most important predisposing factor for developing gastritis (and ulcers), and is quite common. Removing that one, if present, will significantly reduce the sensitivity of the stomach. So, if you have it, and got rid of it, you might drink Darjeeling again, as that alone probably won't be enough to cause problems.

H. pylori is a nasty little bugger, so it takes a relatively tough antibiotics therapy to get rid of it, and one of the substances commonly used (a bismuth mixture) is yeeeechy. But it's only for 10-14 days. And the results are good and lasting.

pibbur who did get rid of it, and doesn't miss it.

Last edited:
No, h pylori is not why my stomach is more sensitive than usual. It's because of medication I have to take, which has the side effect of reducing my gastric acid.

Ahh. H. pylori is less of a factor when it comes to drug induced indigestion.

pibbur who

A couple of years ago I got myself new glasses. Not surprisingly everything was much clearer. I noticed that the wife had got far more wrinkles than the last time I looked at her. Being the honest person I am, I gently informed her of said observation.,

This week the wife got new glasses. When she saw me for the first time after she said: "yeeeeeech!!!!".

pibbur who when it comes to women is soooo close to adopting the views of ….

I was having a convo with a girl from work and she said she's yearning for summer, when guys are walking around shirtless… showing their "sickback". I was like I have a sick back alright. And my hearing isn't the best anymore either

I think I've received a proper diagnosis for my illness after >20 years, and not from a doctor, but from a healer. His means of diagnosis were a bit esoterical, but his diagnosis is firmly in the territory of conventional medicine, apart from the fact that he's also trying to 'detox' me and gave me detailed dietary advice, something very few conventional doctors would bother with. Anyway, my supplements arrived today and I'm pretty pumped.

I think I've received a proper diagnosis for my illness after >20 years, and not from a doctor, but from a healer. His means of diagnosis were a bit esoterical, but his diagnosis is firmly in the territory of conventional medicine, apart from the fact that he's also trying to 'detox' me and gave me detailed dietary advice, something very few conventional doctors would bother with. Anyway, my supplements arrived today and I'm pretty pumped.

I'm pleased that it went well for you, and also quite glad it is within the realm of convenional medicine. As someone once put it, "Do you know what we call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine."

I'm pleased that it went well for you, and also quite glad it is within the realm of convenional medicine. As someone once put it, "Do you know what we call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine."

Let's put it like this: it's a bit ironic that conventional doctors were unable to come up with a proper diagnosis for over 20 years, and then someone who hasn't studied medicine diagnoses me, with an illness (mithochondriopathy) that should have been on doctors' minds (with neurologists, at least) when they examined me. I'm not one of the severe cases of innate mithochondriopathy though (which results in things like stunted growth), so they'd rather just throw their hands up and suggest things like to "take walks" and "not to take it too seriously".

Let's put it like this: it's a bit ironic that conventional doctors were unable to come up with a proper diagnosis for over 20 years, and then someone who hasn't studied medicine diagnoses me, with an illness (mithochondriopathy) that should have been on doctors' minds (with neurologists, at least) when they examined me. I'm not one of the severe cases of innate mithochondriopathy though (which results in things like stunted growth), so they'd rather just throw their hands up and suggest things like to "take walks" and "not to take it too seriously".

Mithochondriopathy is a description of wide set of genetic conditions. Did he give you any specifics?

Back
Top Bottom