Balrum - Funded With A Miracle

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well a miracle did happen as Balrum earned over $13,000 in one day to get funded. Here is the new update from The Balcony Team to thank everyone.

We are funded! Balrum will be as big as we wanted it to be, we don't have to scale back! :) Thank you for supporting us! A lot of you pledged an enormous amount to help us get funded!

Exciting things will happen with Balrum in the coming months and we will keep you informed here on kickstarter and at our webpage! It was a hard Kickstarter but we made it! We are so touched by the great feedback that we recieved from you guys! We will setup a PayPal option so that people can still support us! Check out our website or click on the PayPal logo on our Kickstarter page! (It will be up and running in a few days)

WOW this is amazing!!

Thank you again to all of you who made Balrum possible!
You made our dream possible!
More information.

Really happy for them. These are the indies that deserve to get funded. Not saying others shouldnt kickstart, but its nice to see the really small but passionate, hard working developers get the funding they deserve. 4 months until beta! hopefully

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! I didn't think they would make it, when I saw how far they were and how little time was left. This is a welcome surprise. I think this game looks promising and now I will definitely be contributing towards it via the PayPal option now that I know it will get funded and released.

This is great news. I funded this as much to support two guys pursuing their dream of wanting to make a game as for any other reason. I doubt I will ever kickstart an Obsidian, or a Garriott or a Brian Fargo, but ones like this one and Antharion are definitely what Kickstarter means to me.

Yeah, I had also pretty much given up on this one, now looking forward to seeing them make it happen!

wow, that was good!
looking forward to see how they compete with eschalon! I'm glad to see such things evolve from indie. this is the stuff that makes things interesting. that's how rockability turned to rock'n'roll, or how charlie christian evolved to chuck berry.

Good day for indie games!

It seems $50000 is the average sum a small team with a good concept can get.
Ghost of a Tale was in the same range.

Developers should leave Paypal option open like Star Citizen.

Never thought they would make it. Hope enough cash flows in through paypal to warrant some plus, a new artist, some feature polish or something nice.

Two devs are young, full of energy, at begin of their life career so this Kickstarter success is ideal for them. Great many deal to learn until release from fan feedback.

Wish you the best!!

Wish they got a bit more but it seems like a deserving project so hopefully that will be enough.

They will add a Paypal option, I hope this money will count for the stretch-goals...

Hey, now they can fix the spelling on 'Strenght'. ;)

Good luck to them.

I must misspell this word all the time too. My hands want to type strenght.

Hey, now they can fix the spelling on 'Strenght'. ;)

Good luck to them.

:lol:

That will have to be a stretch goal. In Silent Storm medium is mispelled meduim and at first it borthered me but I came to feel it gave it a certain fresh off the presses of russian game labs charm.

Someone involved with Balrum was pleading in the comment section of Project Phoenix for more funding. I don't know who it was but it was pretty poor form, perfectly understandable yet still poor.

Good job getting funded though.

Maybe in Budapest (Hungary) English is not so common as a second language.
Hopefully they have the resources to get some native speakers involved.

I noticed they also have spelling mistakes on their Balrum website. They should get one or more of the American backers to help them with the language and spelling in their game. Maybe there are volunteers excited about the game willing to help in this area.

I noticed they also have spelling mistakes on their Balrum website. They should get one or more of the American backers to help them with the language and spelling in their game. Maybe there are volunteers excited about the game willing to help in this area.

Even better if they could get one of the English backers to help them. :)

pibbur who runs to is favourite hiding place.

Back
Top Bottom