WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Owlcat games showed off rotating camera in Wrath of the Righteous! :)

Look around! You already know that in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you will be able to rotate the camera, and no chest will go unseen! We present you with a dev diary about how our team was working on this new feature, and the challenges they faced in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Zh26ZZs68

@HiddenX; @Silver; could you please post this as a newsbit?

Seems we scared purpleblob away from the forum.:(

Oh well it's up to you now @Redglyph
Anyway thanks for both of your contributions.:party:

Last edited:
I imagine she enjoys the enthusiasm for the game on the Discord. I am there but things move too fast for me to keep up or stay involved unless I wanted to devote more time to being in the community then I want give up.

Game is really running well although I keep going back to start to refine/test new bu8ild concepts with Wulver and Lobo.

Lobo is currently trying out the Warpriest - Feral Champion class with the scared claws and nature background. A lot of fun although trying to decide if I want the recommended strength build or switch to high dexterity with weapon finesse and Fencing Grace (which can be used to let claw attacks on the hands use dex for damage for strength - and weapon finesse lets you use dex for the to hit bonuse versus strength). The added dex means less armor, higher initiative, and could add in some rogue levels if wanted.

So many options o_O

So many options o_O

Yes, it took me a lot of time to finally create a new character. I had the initial idea of trying out arcane trickster, and looked for all the way to get the prerequisites. And finally I found that the sanctified slayer (inquisitor archetype) also had rogue abilities like sneak attack, and caster abilities - but divine spells. With the advantage of being something new to explore - I've already done eldritch scoundrel before. I'll see how that works out.

By the way, I'm still updating this thread with the mini-guides, with the 2nd beta there are new videos coming out. It's not deep but sometimes it helps.

Yes, it took me a lot of time to finally create a new character. I had the initial idea of trying out arcane trickster, and looked for all the way to get the prerequisites. And finally I found that the sanctified slayer (inquisitor archetype) also had rogue abilities like sneak attack, and caster abilities - but divine spells. With the advantage of being something new to explore - I've already done eldritch scoundrel before. I'll see how that works out.

By the way, I'm still updating this thread with the mini-guides, with the 2nd beta there are new videos coming out. It's not deep but sometimes it helps.

Aye, lots of experimenting.

One thing I enjoy, that somewhat limits a lot of the pure casting classes, is being out in front leading the team. Have a hard time putting my character in the back doing support or waiting to unload some powerful mage spell, even though I like magic.

Sylvan Sorcerer, which high dexterity for ranged/melee touch, with a powerful wolf at my side lets me at least be around the second row with Wolf up front. At least once I get better spells.

One reason my favorite (for both games) is the L16 Sacred Huntsman (SH) and L4 Knife Rogue is that that the SH gets good melee damage, if designed around that, and the knife Rogue is also high melee DPS.

I use daggers, which works best with the Knife Rogue (KR), dual wield with weapon and training finesse for very high dexterity (play a Tiefling for this mix). I take "fast stealth", accomplished sneak attacker, boon companion.

The SH lets me cast expeditious retreat. Combine that with fast stealth, and skills in stealth, trickery (traps), perception (which benefits from the SH wisdom and the SH trait that adds to your perception) and mobility lets me scout ahead on the map/dungeons, find traps and secret places, all at a fast speed. It allows me to often escape trouble.

Then all those team feats that you can use on your self as an Inquisitor w/out needing a teammate to have them ... and you can share all that with your animal companion as well.

So the two of them can scout, do decent backstab (x3 damage), and hold their own on the front line with spells.

My Feral Warpriest is a new idea for Lobo. Will see how it works. But he also will be able to be out front. If I go the dexterity path, with finesse and 3 rogue levels, maybe 4, he can also have high stealth and trickery (go with pick pocket background so he also gets those skills as a warpriest and the +2 to initiative) and make a good scout and front line.

Anyhow that's my thinking :)

I am working on making portraits for the game now in Skyrim for him.

Then all those team feats that you can use on your self as an Inquisitor w/out needing a teammate to have them … and you can share all that with your animal companion as well.
I've always been skeptical about the team feats. Maybe that's easier to work out with animal companions. That, or doing manual level-up of one or several companions so they have the complementary feats. For now I'm using auto-level-up for them as much as possible, testing and reporting issues (especially testing in TB mode) is taking enough time already.

I'll experiment that later.

The voices are superb! And I'm really pleased to see that the models have been fleshed out, it makes a lot of difference with demons, or characters like Wenduag and Arueshalae (well, I haven't seen her in the 2nd beta yet, but I've seen screenshots).

There are still quite a lot of bugs though, I'm a bit surprised, and a bit more concerned now. I think that's because a lot of features have been put together, and that the priority so far has been put in completing the features and story, rather that hunting bugs. I hope they have switched to the debug & polish mode now ;)

EDIT: thanks for sharing your ideas! Indeed, the speed is also an important factor. I need to grab that expeditious retreat. If only I could have haste, but I think it's not for divine casters. Maybe with the mythic path, later.

Haste is awesome but doesn't last long. Exp. Retreat last a nice amount and really speeds up movement. Mainly good for scouting, or getting away I suppose :)

I also like the voices. Also they added the start with Neno (sp?) and I so love her. My team has agreed to accompany her as her servants/companions :p Loved the whole scene with her and the cultists so much. Luckily my guy had high religion skill (being a war priest).

I think the Fencing Grace is bugged. Even though I meet the requirements for it I can't select it unless I "fiddle" by making my character to the end then going back and changing something like race or class, then going back and forth to select it.

What I don't know is if A) its a bug that I can select it all or B) I should be able to select it normally, or C) I need to select it next time I get feats.

The odd thing is that when I am at the point to select feats I can scroll all the way down to the bottom and its all "green" checks but its grayed out (also thumbs down). But if I go back and forth a few times at different points on the creation tabs it eventually shows up with a green thumbs up and can pick it - but only for claws … which makes sense since claws are not considered two handed being a natural weapon.

Anyhow going to test it by getting to level 3 to see if it shows up "normal". PITA to keep making level 3 characters though as I keep having to test things and then change builds.

I am reporting bugs as I find them but so far I have not found any big ones. Then again I have yet to make it very far as I keep changing my builds :p

EDIT: Think I know the issue. a base attack of 1 is required but Warpriest has an exception to this due to the feral claws allowed to get weapon focus with a value of zero. So once that is done seems going backwards then forwards again allows the Fencing Grace. Possibly a bug ... on the other hand if they can get focus early then makes sense they could get grace as well I suppose.

Last edited:
That's a good point @wolfgrimdark;, those systems are complex and have a lot of combinations. Sometimes it's not easy to know whether it's a bug or a legit consequence of the rules.

I haven't seen many blocking bugs, it's mostly QoL, animation, and the TB mode is still in bad shape. I had one party char falling through the floor once. Purple seemed to have had more problems, including issues with abilities assigned to some characters but showing on others instead. So there might still be mechanical problems with the rules similar to what you saw.

I'm trying to check as much as possible before reporting bugs, but I don't hesitate doing it when I have doubts, if they could be potentially breaking. The devs are pretty quick in sorting that out anyway. Once or twice I realized later that it was a miscomprehension from my part. I felt silly but then it was because the UI was too obscure, so at worst they know they could clarify these points :)

Don't hesitate to ask on Discord, some of the players know Pathfinder inside out there, as well as the known issues.

EDIT: you're right, haste is only one round per level. In TB mode it's fine, but in RTwP it's quickly gone. It's haste, after all ;)

Last edited:
When I tested out the Prologue I reported almost everything I found. Didn't see why not :)

I prefer waiting for full release now before continuing though.
The game is too long to replay so many times for me.

Ah I haven't tried the TB mode. I loath TB. I only got into it in BG3 because there were no other options. I love BG3 in spite of TB not because of it :p

Well I hope TB mode isn't dragging down the rest of the game but sounds like it must be. The resources being poured into adding and fixing it could be better spent polishing the core game. Leave the TB for modders to add. Too late now though so can only hope it doesn't further delay the game or cause it be released with more bugs.

When I tested out the Prologue I reported almost everything I found. Didn't see why not :)

I prefer waiting for full release now before continuing though.
The game is too long to replay so many times for me.
That's a wise choice. I'm trying not to overdo it so there's still so it won't be too repetitive when the final release is out.

Ah I haven't tried the TB mode. I loath TB. I only got into it in BG3 because there were no other options. I love BG3 in spite of TB not because of it :p

Well I hope TB mode isn't dragging down the rest of the game but sounds like it must be. The resources being poured into adding and fixing it could be better spent polishing the core game. Leave the TB for modders to add. Too late now though so can only hope it doesn't further delay the game or cause it be released with more bugs.
I like it but I'm not using too often because of the time it takes. It's a great tool to learn and improve combat.
I disagree somewhat. It's like many features, we may feel it's a waste of time when we don't use them, but others do. Owlcat is trying to make the experience enjoyable for different profiles.

Yes but if you try to please too many people and add too many features you often end up pleasing no one with a mediocre game.

It's a mute point though since its there and it won't change.

WotR update 0.6.1 available (1.21 GB)
Crusade
Portraits now appear in the initiative order
Fixed issue with movements on the global map (the freezes that could happen)
Fixed tooltips for the attacks
Fixed issues with mana

Companions
Fixed Arueshalae’s dream in the 4th chapter
Fixed Arueshalae’s romance in the 4th chapter
You should be able to complete Greybor’s quest in chapter 4 now
Lann no longer disappears forever after his quest in chapter 4
Daeran’s gifts now depend on your reputation with him

Zones
Fixed the freezes when gargoyles attacked hellknights
Blightmaw no longer dies upon summoning
On Colyphyr you could use the portal without the key - fixed
Pillar of skulls can speak again
Fixed a number of problems with flying islands in Alushinyrra middle/upper city
Better optimization of some locations
Various fixes of some puzzles

UI
Fixed the icons in 4:3
Fixed the UI for widescreen monitors
Fixed the pause when talking to merchants
Fixed the scrolling in combat log

Mechanics
Re-spec no longer affects mythic levels

Misc
Fixed flickering shadows

I have a question.
Being far too late to all of this, I had been waiting so far because of that FAQ entry :

Can I pay with PayPal?
PayPal will be available on the backer portal after the KS campaign ends.

Zuletzt aktualisiert: Mit, 12. Februar 2020 13:13 CET

Now I logged in into the page of the project at Owlcat … And it doesnt show me any physical editions (anymore).

My guess is that I must take these digital ones anyway, because there is nothing else left anymore.
Is that … the right interpretation ?

And, what are these listed "Add-Ons" ?

I have a question.
Being far too late to all of this, I had been waiting so far because of that FAQ entry :

Now I logged in into the page of the project at Owlcat … And it doesnt show me any physical editions (anymore).

My guess is that I must take these digital ones anyway, because there is nothing else left anymore.
Is that … the right interpretation ?

And, what are these listed "Add-Ons" ?
Have you pledged for any physical tier? Check their updates, they closed all that the last few months.
In doubt, email them (team@owlcatgames.com).

What add-ons?

Ah ! That's it !
I missed that "closing date".

Well, on February, we had in the family still enough to do with the death of my father, and this winter was especially cold - kind of psychically freezing me as well !

Thank you, things are at least clear for me now ! :)

What add-ons?

Those presented at the bottom of that page (at least in my view) :

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder/en

Back
Top Bottom