Stardock Announced Galactic Civilizations IV - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Stardock Announced Galactic Civilizations IV

Default Stardock Announced Galactic Civilizations IV

May 13th, 2021, 13:50
Well I know some of you enjoy these games so here you go.

Galactic Civilizations IV Announcement Trailer

loading…
The newest installment of its award-winning space 4X strategy sandbox game series takes the best of what its predecessors had to offer and adds to it with many new and exciting features. As the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization, the player must seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm. There are thousands of worlds to colonize and dozens of civilizations - both old and new - to encounter.
  • Turn-based
  • Tile based (hexes) based movement
  • Ship design
  • Strong-AI for opponents
  • Deep gameplay customization
  • Free-form movement (as opposed to starlanes)
  • Player controlled cultural evolution (are you good, evil or a shade of gray?)
  • Planetary invasion requires actually invading a planet
  • Mixture of deep lore (a handful of carefully crafted civilizations and histories) mixed with game-to-game generation of new lore and species
  • Big technology trees
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 14:33
I am excited to see it but based on the last game's swath of dlc , I'll be looking at 2026-30 before I play it.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 14th, 2021, 01:10
Sounds like they're going for a much more agile game design, expecting to change quite a bit depending on alpha player feedback. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

May 20th, 2021, 23:26
Will be interesting.

I enjoyed GalCiv3 after the DLCs.

Not quite the MoO2 successor I'm still waiting for, but reasonably close.

TheDart

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 27th, 2021, 04:12
Gal Civ 3 just started an open beta for some more tweaks. Looks like they aren't quite done with that game!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 03:13
Galactic Civilizations IV Just Started Early Access - Website or Epic Games Store
Stardock released an Alpha version of Galactic Civilizations IV into Early Access today. As the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization, the player must seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm. There are thousands of worlds to colonize and dozens of civilizations - both old and new - to encounter.

The game takes the best of what the award-winning space 4X strategy sandbox game series has to offer and adds many new and exciting features while vastly increasing in scope and depth. Galactic Civilizations IV utilizes new features like AI characters, star sectors, ministers, central control, a much bigger technology tree, and more.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

June 16th, 2021, 16:56
Let's eXplore Galactic Civilizations 4 Alpha: An Introduction and Gameplay
loading…
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Stardock Announced Galactic Civilizations IV