Fable 4 - Peter Wants Rideable Dragons

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameRant If Fable 4 is being made Peter Molyneux would like to see rideable Dragons in it and a bunch of other things.

Fable Creator Wants Fable 4 to Have Rideable Dragons

Over the past few weeks, rumors have persisted that Fable 4 is in active development at Playground Games, the studio best known for its work on the Forza Horizon series. We still don’t know if this is true or not, but that hasn’t stopped Fable series creator Peter Molyneux from weighing in on the game. And as it turns out, if Molyneux had his way, the next Fable would have rideable dragons, among other interesting features.
[...]
More information.

Maybe that's the way to use Molyneux. Have him come up with the ideas - but stay far away from development :)

Maybe that's the way to use Molyneux. Have him come up with the ideas - but stay far away from development :)

Yeah, that could work. His ideas are... interesting. The most important thing would be keeping him away from the media though.

Yeah, that could work. His ideas are… interesting. The most important thing would be keeping him away from the media though.

He doesn't work for the studios who might be working on Fable 4, he can talk all he want (unfortunately).

When I grow up I want to be a rideable dragon.

Yeah, that could work. His ideas are… interesting. The most important thing would be keeping him away from the media though.

What ideas of his lately are interesting? Having rideable dragons certainly isn't very original at this point.

Let's remove the "fable" part of the whole idea.

Yeah, I just want a new Drakan game.

I dont see anything interesting from him. Its more likely that he wants to thrown in random features from mainstream games or MMOs that might sell. I dont see anything that resembles elaborated concept or vision and I doubt Molyneux is able to come up with interesting one.

So they will spend most of the dev time working on dragon riding and shoe in the rest. Who cares anyway didn't really like the fable games anyway.

Rideable dragons? That actually has been a long time fantasy staple within the fantasy genre - hell, a whole book series was made about it (Dragonriders of Pern) {Wow, I just looked it up - this series was started all the way back in 1967!}

It's pretty tired at this point, but ok, whatever.

But the new Fable being mentioned as having "brutal combat"? That is bizarre, I always thought Fable was geared towards the pre-teen or very young gamer, and was kind of a fairy-tale type rpg, where being fluffy and cutesy was the rule. I think I played/tried one of the Fable games a long long time ago once, on a friend's console, and it was pretty fun if I recall, but definitely not an "adult" or serious fantasy rpg.

Last edited:
In a follow up interview with him, he talked about his idea for these long, thin bands of metal with a handle that people would hold and thwack each other with. He even talked about some roundish device you could hold at the same time to block one of these metal things but he hadn't quite figured out how that would work.

I want them to fart fire. That'd be new and awesome!

Peter who?

Back
Top Bottom