Things I'm glad we (almost) never see in modern RPGs

Lately I've been on a non-old-school CRPG kick and I'm thankful for that. I like simplicity right now. Some games were just so complex with the math, loot and equipment and that sort of thing, that I burned out on them a bit. I like when a game has plenty of customization but also doesn't bog you down with minutia. I'm sure eventually I'll play more isometrics but right now I like FFXV and newer games for their convenience and streamlining (never thought I'd say that, huh.)

I can relate to this. There are times you just want to kill things and there are times you want to think about things. I am in the half way phase at the moment so mainstream games also suit me well!

I can relate to this. There are times you just want to kill things and there are times you want to think about things. I am in the half way phase at the moment so mainstream games also suit me well!

Yep! Times when you just want to play and not worry about this specific stat allocation or debating for 5 minutes which accessory or sword to use. I'm sure I'll come back around to CRPGing because I do love it, but I'm taking a much-needed break at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom