Starfield - First Companion

It's funny to see one of their own (ex) devs call the engine a piece of crap. :)

I have high skepticism on this...when does a dev not know about a NDA? Like come on.

Come on everybody knows Bethesda's game engines are not that great. It's basically the same original Gamebryo code heavily updated and modified in Creation Engine 2.

It's the reason why every new game has the same engine bugs.

The 'crap engine' comment was from a dev point of view, not UX. I'm not expecting UE5 graphics for sure, but I don't care much about that.

I have high skepticism on this…when does a dev not know about a NDA? Like come on.

I found that odd too. It may be a leak by someone reckless, but even if there isn't any big divulgation, commenting on the development status could give him a lot of trouble.

PS: This made me laugh:
The latter reveal proved to be too much, though, as multiple ResetEra users pointed out that Bethesda Game Studios had never formally announced manual flying to be a part of Starfield. When Hevy008 realized that, he requested the cancellation of his ResetEra account and all of his posts to protect himself from potential legal troubles.

If it's just his personal opinion that the engine is a piece of crap, I don't I think that qualifies as breaking an NDA. Besides, it's not like that isn't public knowledge anyways. ;)

Back
Top Bottom