Steam multiple libraries

P

purpleblob

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but...

I've just made another steam library - I originally used E drive but I created another one in F drive now.

The question is, if the game is installed in E drive and there's a new patch out, do I have to manually switch back the installation drive to E or does it auto detect which of the two drives the game is installed?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but…

I've just made another steam library - I originally used E drive but I created another one in F drive now.

The question is, if the game is installed in E drive and there's a new patch out, do I have to manually switch back the installation drive to E or does it auto detect which of the two drives the game is installed?

It auto-detects.

Thanks for the info. I never knew this was even possible.

One more (useful) piece of information (which you may already know). Steam can quickly move installed games from one library to another, whithout having to uninstall/reinstall. Useful if you are short of SSD-capacity. You can move games between SSD and HDD libraries as needed.

pibbur who didn't know about this until a couple of months agao.

One more (useful) piece of information (which you may already know). Steam can quickly move installed games from one library to another, whithout having to uninstall/reinstall. Useful if you are short of SSD-capacity. You can move games between SSD and HDD libraries as needed.

pibbur who didn't know about this until a couple of months agao.

This does not work for all the games. I have EQ2 installed on my old driver and there is no option to move it new drive. Only option is full reinstall.

This does not work for all the games. I have EQ2 installed on my old driver and there is no option to move it new drive. Only option is full reinstall.

Ok, didn't know that, never run into that problem. Good to know so I don't desperately look for the option in the case I can't see one.

I looked at a couple of games I've installed. So far, the only game I found that I couldn't move was Elder Scrolls on-line. This actually make sense, since that game is not updated by Steam, but directly from the web site.

pibbur

Back
Top Bottom