Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 3 » Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade

Default Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade

September 4th, 2020, 17:48
I'll let the news speaks for itself. So here you go.

The Witcher 3 getting a free upgrade for PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC -The Verge
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is getting a graphical upgrade for next-generation hardware, and current owners of the game on PC, Playstation, and Xbox will get the update for free.

Developers CD Projekt Red announced the news today, saying the updated game will be available on the PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC, featuring a “range of visual and technical improvements.” These include faster loading times and ray tracing graphics. The upgrades will apply to the base game, says Projekt Red, as well as to both of its expansions (Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine) and all other “extra content.”

The appeal of this news is testament to The Witcher 3’s lasting greatness. This is a game that came out five years ago but remains incredibly well-regarded and an appealing title for many to pick up and play through all over again. It still regularly appears in the top Steam charts on PC, too.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

September 4th, 2020, 20:05
Nice! I still have my GTX980….which works well enough for non-4K gaming (mostly). I doubt I'll upgrade until the fetaures in these cards become cheaper…

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

September 4th, 2020, 21:16
Kudos to CDPR. I'm not a great fan of any of their games, but they seem to be a good publisher.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

September 4th, 2020, 22:14
I can only imagine the kind of system we'll need to run TW3 on max settings with ray tracing.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
+1:

September 4th, 2020, 22:22
No need to imagine anything, IIRC WGD already has such a beast.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)

September 5th, 2020, 00:42
I think it's a bit misleading the way the Verge phrased it. It won't be using ray-traced graphics as such - it'll have RTX features, which use a bit of fuzzy raytracing to achieve various effects. I'm hoping they're going to use it for global illumination. I loved the world design of W3, but I always thought the lighting was a bit lacking, and often looked unnatural. That could be a major upgrade for me.
--
"And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'tis that I may not weep."

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 3 » Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade