What games are you playing now?

Me and my cohabit are playing Little Big Planet. This is a really unique game. Whoever has a cohabit, wife or family who are into gaming, this is it... this is the one game you should have. There's really no other game like it out there. I cannot stress this enough, this is a really unique experience, and it's a whupping amount of fun.

Well, at least they've kept the videos thing. I have one question though: are there any covert-like missions, where you have only a few troops or a hero (e.g. Tanya), as in the previous games?
Yes, you have such missions. I finished the path with the Sovjets and I'm now playing the allies. Left open the path of the Rising Sun.

Playing Tales of the Sword Coast right now, trying to finish up BG.

Karoug the Greater Werewolf (or was it wolf-were?) down, thanks to the silver dagger (nothing else would hit him!)

Next!

BTW - this whole excursion to the "wolfwere" island has got me thinking about this hilarious two-pager entitled
"DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF VERY STUPID MONSTERS."
I originally reported on page one, but now he's kicked up another page. Enjoy!

Part one

Part two: Bigger, Badder, and even more Retarded

Last edited:
Playing Tales of the Sword Coast right now, trying to finish up BG.

Damn. You remind me that I have yet to finish that one. I made it through BG without the expansion. I would have to restart from the beginning --- no saves anymore.

And still BG2 is also unfinished. Even without Throne of Baal. So much to play... so much to play.

I'm currently playing "Edna bricht aus" btw. A german adventure in Monkey Island 3 Style. Nice one. There is an english version as well I guess.

took the day off ToTSC to get back into Fallout 3. Didnt like how i surprisingly racked up tons of bad Karma for offing "the family" and ransacking their hideout. Werent they bad guys?? What's next, i have to shoot the breeze w/ the supermutants before should start plugging them..

Karma shmarma, you can have it

I really like the exploration in the game, having a good time just running around checking things out. I dont like the fire ants in this latest jaunt of my post-apocalyptic career tho. I want to melee them to conserve ammo, but theyre just too gnarly w/ their death breath. You can melee them if you get behind something and jump over them when they come around and pound on them from behind while doing the circle strafe thing. There can only be one at a time of course, and you need room to pull the maneuver. They seem pretty susceptible to explosives, but again, I dont want to waste all my stuff on a bunch of overgrown ants. Shooting them in the antennae doesnt do much, i end up empting my gun into them anyway. Might as well aim for th head from the get go.

Then me and my fiancee were playing Everquest II tonight for like 4 hours, having fun living out weird paralell universe versions of ourselves - I take a lot of damage and she heals me. Now if I could just really get my paws on the real world equivelent of some of those potions ='.'=

The 'family' are not necessarily bad guys, they just have a different 'lifestyle' and try to be 'good' within its restrictions. How's that for avoiding spoilers!! :)

My copy of King's Bounty arrived yesterday and I'm well-launched into my mage character--total blast. This is one of those games where everything gels--even though some of the dialogue is that lost in translation stuff that just sounds hilarious and you're not sure if that's because it's supposed to or if it's serious. For anyone who enjoys turn-based, this is highly recommended.

Call of Duty: World at War.

Yeah yeah I know, I was supposed to start on Fallout 3 after finishing King's Bounty. I had a craving for some frantic WWII action though, and after I saw a few videos on Youtube, I was hooked.

I'm only on the second mission right now, but so far I can confirm that it definitely continues the excellence of the previous titles in the series.

I was very disappointed with CoD:WaW, it has huge problems that didn't plague #4. The main ones are infinitely respawning enemies in far too many places and incredibly stupid AI, and on the higher difficulties getting pinned down without your teammates helping out at all also becomes a problem.

Me myself have just been persuaded to take up World of Warcraft again and try out Northrend, should be fun. (Titan's Grip, booya!(

I was very disappointed with CoD:WaW, it has huge problems that didn't plague #4. The main ones are infinitely respawning enemies in far too many places and incredibly stupid AI, and on the higher difficulties getting pinned down without your teammates helping out at all also becomes a problem.

I'm on the 5th mission now and haven't encountered any those problems to that degree. The infinite respawning is the exact same as it's been from the very first game in the series. The AI is sub-par in a few places, the same way it is in all the COD games. Considering how many entities are on-screen at once, I don't think it's that bad.

It's definitely far better than MoH: Pacific Assault, which is the only other major WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front.

Been playing NWN2 Storm of Zehir though i got bored of it. Playing Mana Khemia on the ps2, absolutely loving it. Waiting for Mana Khemai 2.

ToEE, I'm at Nulb and very impressed so far. I installed the Co8 4.0 patch after coming across the loot bug rather early (the goblin across from Black Jay's) very few technical problems since.

Nice to be in Greyhawk again as I've not played in it since my pnp days say... 20 years ago. Scary.

After floundering around for a while, I decided to "go casual". Reloaded Puzzle Quest, me did.

I'm on the 5th mission now and haven't encountered any those problems to that degree. The infinite respawning is the exact same as it's been from the very first game in the series. The AI is sub-par in a few places, the same way it is in all the COD games. Considering how many entities are on-screen at once, I don't think it's that bad.

It's definitely far better than MoH: Pacific Assault, which is the only other major WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front.

I think it is pretty solid as well - not up to CoD 4, but one of the better games in the franchise - I'd put it at 3rd behind the original and #4.

... and I thought MoH: PA was highly over-rated at 80% ...

Me and my cohabit are playing Little Big Planet. This is a really unique game. Whoever has a cohabit, wife or family who are into gaming, this is it... this is the one game you should have. There's really no other game like it out there. I cannot stress this enough, this is a really unique experience, and it's a whupping amount of fun.

Yes, and it would never ever ever ever be made for the PC. There's few things I currently believe THAT strongly.

Not for the mass-market definitively. The PC casual gamer's market is saturated with other games, imho.

We all live in an Age of Action(-Games).

I think it is pretty solid as well - not up to CoD 4, but one of the better games in the franchise - I'd put it at 3rd behind the original and #4.

... and I thought MoH: PA was highly over-rated at 80% ...

MOH:pA was terrible, nuff said. I've been waiting a long time for a good WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front, and so far WaW is living up to my expectations.

As far as comparing it to CoD 4, I think it's kind of hard to even do that, considering how different they are. I'll hold my final judgement until I'm finished though. CoD 4 was great, but the single player campaign was so ridiculously short that I tend to think it was slightly overrated just because of the multiplayer.

CoD 4 was great, but the single player campaign was so ridiculously short that I tend to think it was slightly overrated just because of the multiplayer.

I certainly rail against the short SP games ... but having just replayed the Mac version for review, CoD 4 plays better than CoD5 IMO. But CoD 5 is a very good FPS.

Back
Top Bottom