Skyrim Enchanted Weapons

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
if a petty soul gem doesn't fill up your weapon very much, it means it's high quality, so a grand soul gem or black soul gem will fill it completely, and it will last a lot longer than lower quality enchanted items.

I was talking about the perk which supposedly should refill your charges after you kill a creature(not undeads though) by 5% of it's soul. Recharging with soul gems works fine for me too :)

i got a nice dwarven bow of burning, well nice so far, we know how that goes. ;)

It takes 5 or more pettys to fill it up! Looks like I need to go soul hunting.

I have myself an Elven Sword of Soul Stealing (lasts for 15 seconds) that a vendor kindly sold to me, if I'm fighting someone worth soul stealing, I'll equip it near the end and give them a whack or two, works nicely. I especially like Black Soul gems as there are plenty of bandits and such about. (Black counts as a Grand Soul Gem)

Daniel.

I was using a Dwarven Sword of Ice for the longest time, did 15 points frost damage per strike. Now it's hanging on my weapons rack in Breezehome.

I'm currently using *possible spoilers below*

Dawnbreaker.

Does nice damage (36 I think?) and adds 10 points of burning damage. Plus if you fight undead with it, it has the chance of blowing them up or something. Haven't seen it happen yet.

One thing is bugging the hell out of me. I want a targeted soul capture spell. I'm tired of running up to the enemies and playing tag with them. My enchated bow is a soul stealing bow, but I'm tired of switching to my bow, poisoning my weapon, shooting the enemy with a weakness to fire/ice/whatever and then blasting him to bits. It takes time to switch from bow to spells and back again and in that time I can get wiped out if I'm facing a tough opponent.

They got rid of the spell maker…ok fine….but they make the soul steal spell a touch only spell? WTF??? I want my spellmaker back damn it!! and yes I'm being petulant because I really liked that dang thing. Beth was one of the few companies that let you mix up your own spells. Thought that was always unique about the TES series.

Oh and bring back resistance/weakness spells.....they may still have them, but I haven't run across any yet and I'll be damned if I cheat and go look. If they have them then great, I can stop poisoning a bow I hardly ever use and stop creating so many resistance potions. I'd prefer to just cast the spell.

I hope they bring back a spellmaker at some point, too. It would be nice to, for example, make a stronger version of the per-second low level spells, or make a weaker fireball centered on yourself to clear out low level enemies, or any number of things. But for the most part it was just fun to see what you could come up with.

Hey, the low level soultrap spell I used seemed to be ranged. What gives?

I never saw it shoot out, but it's freaking dark purple and hard to see. Maybe it does shoot and I've just been playing tag for over 70 hours now for nothing :)

Will try it out next time.

Still would like the spellmaker back at some point. I miss that little guy.

So i was saving my black soul gem for a dragon but it ended up with a common soul in it. :( Ill just but grand soul gems with grand souls in them from now on. :/

As far as I understand it, only Soul Trap on melee weapons work on touch. On bows ST is ranged and spell ST is AoE.

So i was saving my black soul gem for a dragon but it ended up with a common soul in it. :( Ill just but grand soul gems with grand souls in them from now on. :/
Yes, happened to me couple of times too. That's why I have finally decided on melee weapon with Soul Trap. Switching weapons mid-fight is a bit of a pain but I can be fairly certain what soul I will be getting.

Dragons can't be soul trapped, for the very good reason that you eat that deliciousness yourself.

Dragons can't be soul trapped, for the very good reason that you eat that deliciousness yourself.
I meant getting a soul other than the one I was aiming to get.

Do companions benefit from enchanted weapons? I know that they can inflict weapon's base damage but, when they attack, I have never seen any visual effects associated with a particular enchantment and their enchanted weapons never need recharging!

I'm pretty sure when my companion shoots things with the enchanted bow I gave him, it does the bonus effect. I've seen the graphical effect that showed the enemy being damaged by the frost damage or whatever, so it seems to work.

Hey, the low level soultrap spell I used seemed to be ranged. What gives?
Really?! We're talking about the bare bones Soul Trap spell? I haven't been able to shoot it, no matter how I equip or use it. When I cast it, there's no "projectile" and every time I've tried it on medium ranged foes, it fails to work. AFAIK, Soul Trap only seems to work at close (melee) ranges. Note that, I'm not talking about weapons enchanted with Soul Trap, but the spell that you cast with your hands.

Have I, too, been playing Soul Trap Tag for no reason?

Unlike all the other ranged spells it does not have a projectile :( The only visual effect is a hard to see purple glow on the target. It also has a very short range for some reason (about half of what normal ranged spells have).

Back
Top Bottom