Invisible, Inc - 75% Off on Steam

I refunded this one after trying one mission. Seemed like my kind of thing and I like the developer but it never clicked.

I've a friend that loves this game to death but personally, I'm not so big on stealth games these days myself. Five bucks though, that is plenty tempting just to try it out and see.

The screenshots make the seem look reminiscent of the Shadowrun games. Any similarities?

The screenshots make the seem look reminiscent of the Shadowrun games. Any similarities?

You select a team from your pool of available agents. The game is mission based with you stealing credits, rescuing operatives and destroying mainframes depending on the objectives. Levels are always laid out differently. It is more shadowrun than the shadowrun games in a way.

Yeah it sounds like Shadowrun elevated to such a pure stealth level as to rob any real joy from playing it. At least that's how I see it, some stealth is fine and lovely but it can be taken to an extremely absurd level.

Like every game in existence, it's not for everyone. But the stealth thing works surprisingly well, and it's not like you can't do things like gun down enemies or hack enemy battlemechs to vaporize your foes. It's just frequently not a good idea to do so, as your severely out gunned and your biggest advantage is that the enemy doesn't know your there. But it's an option in the right situation.

I thought it was very well done, but it is a roguelike. There is a campaign, which takes about 4 hours to finish, which you will probably fail to complete a few times while learning how everything works. I thought it was a lot of fun, but after 15 hours it go to repetitive for me, and so I quit.

I thought it was very well done, but it is a roguelike. There is a campaign, which takes about 4 hours to finish, which you will probably fail to complete a few times while learning how everything works. I thought it was a lot of fun, but after 15 hours it go to repetitive for me, and so I quit.

Same here, except I played on very easy on my first go and managed to get through the campaign. I slowly increased difficulty to the point it got boring to replay the game over and over again.

Yeah I agree with that, Invisible, Inc. suffers from repetitiveness more so than other roguelikes. You unlock new agents and new hacking program between runs which can make things interesting, but there isn't that much variety between enemies and base layouts, especially in the early game.

Back
Top Bottom