And the new Diablo game is...

lol even eli who makes a living reviewing movile games can afford an ipad pro and he kentions it in this podcast so why cznt you guys? also, dont you like at all even own a phone at least?

Sure, I personally have a land line and a mobile, first time I've actually owned a mobile in almost ten years. I would no more think of playing a game on it though that I would use a toaster to make pancakes. My computer monitor isn't huge, but I sure don't relish trying to play video games on an ten centimetre screen, the Switch screen is about as small as I wish to go.

The UI and several animations are nearly identical. And that's just from the Immortal footage that we already have. Some (but not all) of these similarities are, e.g., described here: https://youtu.be/g4fcrLBwNYI?t=947
Ah, that's a much better match. The ones I was finding were more 3rd person than isomorphic. In fact, they looked more like a traditional MMO except there's a lot less grouping going on. (Setting up good groups when people are popping in and out as fast as phone gamers must be would be pretty difficult.)

So I guess this is just going to be an MMO where the classes match Diablo's and some of the iconic attacks from Diablo will be incorporated into the MMO. Who could imagine Blizard (or NetEase) doing this sort of <ahem> craftiness.

But at least they weren't fool enough to go to a big strategy game conference to announce their new MMO without even a hint of any kind of strategy game on the horizon.

lol even eli who makes a living reviewing movile games can afford an ipad pro and he kentions it in this podcast so why cznt you guys? also, dont you like at all even own a phone at least?

Of course I do, Galaxy S8. I occasionally play some game or other on it when I'm in the bathroom, but that's about it. Whenever I'm at home (and not in the bathroom), I play on a PC, and when I'm not at home, I'm usually busy with something, such as work.

Everyone these days own a mobile and plays games on it as well (joxer excluded!). Some games are better suited to mobiles, some are better suited to consoles and some are better on PC. I might even play the new Diablo game in on a mobile if its good.

That is not the issues here. Imagine going to cinema to watch the new Star Wars movie. Instead of the big screen they show it on the TV!!! This is exactly what Blizzard has done with Blizzcon. People who go to Blizzcon in the US are PC gamers so why raise expectation about big Diablo reveal and then show some mobile game which has nothing to do with PC? Do a Blizzcon in China and they would have loved it!

Anyway every thing has silver lining and in this case it has it has revealed beyond doubt that hate these so called "game journalist" have towards to gamers especially towards PC gamers.

Same thing is going on here - the "journalists" suck up to companies to get benefits. They don't get paid by readers.
What!.. we can get benefits? Awesome, should ask them next time about those benefits.

Then again if those benefits entail a t-shirt with a game logo ironed on it, then I am guilty and have received one or more of those benefits in the past ;)

What!.. we can get benefits? Awesome, should ask them next time about those benefits.

Then again if those benefits entail a t-shirt with a game logo ironed on it, then I am guilty and have received one or more of those benefits in the past ;)

Sorry to break it to you Myrthos but you don't count as "journalists" :biggrin:

After so many hours of Assassin Creed odyssey, I am now reading your name as Misthios!

Everyone these days own a mobile and plays games on it as well (joxer excluded!).
Yea… I use phone for phoning only. Sadly, has to be a smartphone and not classic because my phoning includes Viber.
However, I did and do play phonegames. Not on phones though. Thanks to emulators.

Will I ever use my PC to make phonecalls? Doubt it. I'd feel retarded if I did that. Just as I feel (felt) retarded when trying phonegames on phones.
To me it's very hard to replace a horse with a donkey. But I'm not Blizzard's targetted audience.

Saw some meme can't find the pic now.
One says "I don't like anal", Diablo presenter replies with "but you have an ass".

EDIT: found it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/9tyk28/diablo_immortal/
3olapgws47w11.png

Last edited:
I mean... it doesn't look bad. It actually looks halfway fun.

...and then you remember that you'll be playing this on a phone. And you're left completely confused and asking why?

if they called it tablet edition or had a tablet showcase like beamdog sid with baldurs gate would that get the point to you that you can still play it on a tablet and not just a tiny phone? btw, tablet does not always necessairly have to ewuate to mobile nor does the experience have to be as bad for instance google has search rankings and even website versions in tabelt mode separate from both deskrop and smartphone thus it is a third pilalr product and now with the ipad getting usb drive with the upcoming pro the line is blurring even further. oh and the fact full photoshop is being released on ipad is blurring the line further still.

wtf is that supposed to mean? Okay, lemme drop my trolling level to a severe dementia codexoid:
If they called it immersive sim would that get the point you can still play it?

Meaningless, if not something else not nice to say, right?

I mean… it doesn't look bad. It actually looks halfway fun.

…and then you remember that you'll be playing this on a phone. And you're left completely confused and asking why?

you asked why? even saying no tablet version existed or thst it wouldnt be blown up to its bigger screen and with better interface features, do you not own a phone? and if not why not? and do you not ever wish you could play diablo at work or school and if so what other solutions are there in such cicumstances than a phone? logic people, logic…

Last edited:
lol I used to be a frequent visitor to the toucharcade forums and one thing you guys and the blizzcon attendees dont get is there sre people on the other end of the spectrum as passionate about phones or gaming on them than you are about pc gaming. i remember some guy being pissed that the ipad game wasnt ported to iphone si ply because they like their experience to be super personal and they like to be huddled in a blanker with speakers and a phone.

lol I used to be a frequent visitor to the toucharcade forums and one thing you guys and the blizzcon attendees dont get is there sre people on the other end of the spectrum as passionate about phones or gaming on them than you are about pc gaming. i remember some guy being pissed that the ipad game wasnt ported to iphone si ply because they like their experience to be super personal and they like to be huddled in a blanker with speakers and a phone.

But the game wasn't anounced to a crowd of mobile gaming fans, was it? It was a crowd of PC and console gamers. Blizzard fans are traditionally PC gamers, and Blizzard is one of the rare companies that had PC first philosophy. They shouldn't have announced it on Blizzcon. Gaming is a hobby and like with any hobby people tend to get passionate about it.

But worry not, they'll use the Diablo font, so it will be the original Diablo experience.

This about sums up 100% of my feelings toward this :) Excellent statement good sir.

Thinking more on this, Bethesda guys must be patting themselves on the back now! If they only announced Elder Scrolls:Blades at E3, they would have faced a shitshow like this but they were clever enough to announce the new TES game as well.

pyj77tvr1ew11.jpg

I knew you were on the take.

I knew you were on the take.

I noticed the Waylander kickstarter ad. Hes probably making a good 50-60k in advertising this year on that ad :)

Also explains why he just bought a new Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom