Skills and Talents we really don't need

- bad voice : You always sound as if you either had a frog in your throat, or were a chain smoker.

Adds to +5 mishearing by all NPCs you talk to ...

Flat chested(female player characters) - none of the bikini armour in the game will fit you. You'll have to stick to the peasant clothing you have at the beginning of the game.

Flatulent - None of your NPC companions stick around for obvious reasons...

Sorry, these last two were a bit below the belt. I'm tired.

Haha, what a funny thread, missed this the first time around.

Oblivification - Remove all challenges, mainstream all the writing, randomize the world to take out anything interesting it it. Plus make every face the ugliest you have ever seen.

EA:nize - Exploit the name of your character brand to the maximum until he implode ruining the long legacy of great history. Finally put him into a browser game or MMO.

@GothicGothicness : This is rather about character's skills they don't need, you know … ;)
Come on, be creative ! ;)

Disorganized - Your characters' inventory is always messy no matter how hard you try to arrange, stack and organize it. Got it all in perfect order? BAM! Next time you open it, it's a mess.
This was implemented in Ultima 7. I had it maxed, iirc.

Wasn't it Tropico that actually had that as a selectable skill?

Yes, it has ! ;)

Plus "notorious liar", "skirt chaser", "bad placed toupee" and "loud-mouth" ! ;)

Bad sense of direction - your minimap makes no sense and your quest compass points in the wrong direction and at the wrong NPC's! (This skill/trait should not be picked by casual players as it may force them to become TOO involved in the game)

Two left hands - Your handwriting is terrible which makes your journal unreadable. You are also the opposite of ambidextrous, -5 to weapon skills for both hands.

(first post, yay !)

Memento - you start the game halfway through the final combat, with a shiny +5 armor, a diary full of accomplished quests, a beautiful princess looking at you from the other side of the dungeon, and no idea what is this horrible thing you are trying to stick your awesome fiery magical sword into.

................and just as your about to strike the final blow..........your +5 CTD skill kicks in. When you restart the game, you find yourself in a burned out village, your girl friend is gone, you are wearing ripped clothes and holding a pitch fork.

Welcome to the Watch Jogurt.

- complete inability : You must be rescued by the Princess instead … -20 to all skills ...

(first post, yay !)

Welcome to the Watch.

Btw: Love the username. I recognized it immediately, even though it's been a lot of years since I played Shining Force. You never forget the classics. ;)

542063-jogurt_face_thumb.gif

Thanks JDR13, for the welcome and my avatar:)

In a pre-internet era, I spent *months* looking at every inch of the game, looking for the inexistent secret to make that hamster (?) useful in any way.

Back to the subject, on a kinda related note :

Bad memory I : you have a hard time remembering names. Half the names are not displayed ingame, and the diary list most characters and places only with vague physical or geographical traits ('that fair lady in a green dress', 'this guard in the town with the big statue').

Bad memory II : There's a 40% percent chance that the names appearing ingame or in your diary are actually wrong ('The hobbit Sauron told me that I must be careful of that poor twisted creature, Legolas, on my way to the enchanted wood of Moria').

Bad memory III : every character ingame is replaced by the same bland, expressionless character model.

- complete inability : You must be rescued by the Princess instead … -20 to all skills …

Heheh, that would be a pretty funny twist! Not sure how to implement it, but it would fit nicely in something of an RPG parody.

Look at the trailer of Monkey Island 3 (I think it was), and then you get what I meant. ;)

(Although originally , Guybrush Threepwood wasn't meant to be *that* inept …)

Heheh, that would be a pretty funny twist! Not sure how to implement it, but it would fit nicely in something of an RPG parody.
At least similar:
In Spellforce 2 (Shadow Wars) you have to rescue a dragon, who was caught by a princess. It was no parody, however, (though there are some ironic remarks about this situation in game).

I vote for a blue-screen-of-death skill. And the skill would go from zero to max in 3 seconds of gameplay resulting in blue-screen-of-death upon launching the game.

whahahaha you haven't experienced the black-screen -of-death.

I say

-sleep wherever skill

skill that makes you sleepy whenever you lean on anything. whahahaha

Back
Top Bottom