Pantheon - October 2019 Video Newsletter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The October video newsletter for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

In this episode Creative Director Chris Perkins outlines racial passive abilities. JN Gerhart shows us the Spriggans from concept to model. And we wrap up it all up with some Burning Questions from the community.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Will this game ever leave pre-alpha? Seems interesting but when the kickstarter said it would be released years ago and it's still in pre-alpha, they are getting none of my money until it's released.

I loved EQ and would love to try out Pantheon. Us EQ gamers aren't getting any younger and they could be missing their time frame for release. Older gamers are not known for their patience.

It seems constant funding problems have slowed development down. Could also be bad management of funds and development also. The other EQ MMO's were cancelled also.

It seems constant funding problems have slowed development down. Could also be bad management of funds and development also. The other EQ MMO's were cancelled also.

Their Kickstarter was not handled the best all those years ago. I'm surprised they haven't run another campaign. Coh Carnage or whatever that streamer goes by, seems to love the game.

There is new Green server started less than a week ago (project 1999) if someone wants to experience original EQ. It has scheduled releases of few expansion going into 2021. This is culmination of more than 10 years of working on this project.

IMHO this is a perfect MMO to play right now if you played EQ way back and also a very good game to play while waiting for Pantheon release. It is also free to play.

P99, where you can go to find out how 20 years of wiki game knowledge and a modern toxic gamer culture can ruin your memory of a game.

On the other hand, Pantheon has continually looked alright at a glance, but it's just one of those things for which you can't get your hopes up - it's a very niche product with very little funding, being managed by a person many people don't trust.

I played project 99 for a bit, it just doesn't feel like the original Everquest did, at least not to me. I was tempted to go to the new Miragul server that started up yesterday, but the lack of any friends that were interested killed that idea. Solo Everquest is not my idea of fun.

Pantheon is going to still take quite some time. I think that right now they may be trying to satisfy everyone, and that's never going to work out well. Once they pick a solid path and stick to it, progress should move swiftly. When that's going to happen, if ever, is anyone's guess.

There is new Green server started less than a week ago (project 1999) if someone wants to experience original EQ. It has scheduled releases of few expansion going into 2021. This is culmination of more than 10 years of working on this project.

IMHO this is a perfect MMO to play right now if you played EQ way back and also a very good game to play while waiting for Pantheon release. It is also free to play.

Thanks for the info.

I have been keeping an eye on Pantheon for a while but it doesn't look too promising. Too many question marks over funding etc. Also whatever they have shown so far doesn't look good as well so most people simply ignore it.

This archaic throwback was never going to be for me, but I still have warm feelings for what MMOs used to be.

Well, rather what they could have been.

Back
Top Bottom