Things you don't need to know...

Yes, I think the media likes to hype these ideas. We're a very long way from fully capable AI surgeons. These are essentially robotic instruments that can do precise tasks, specified by a human.

According to http://www.shacknews.com/article/52322/blizzard-rejects-uwe-bolls-world mr. Boll wanted to direct a Wow-movie:

"I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard [about a World of Warcraft film] and he said, 'We will not sell the movie rights, not to you…especially not to you,'

I think most of us (all of us?) can agree that this is one thing Blizzard handled well.

Of course we will disagree on most other things Blizzard did/does, for instance if a Warcraft movie was a good idea at all.

pibbur who hasn't seen anything WOWish for quite a while.

if you can stand it....

pibbur who may have watched 2 Boll movies, but prefers not to be reminded of it.

Hey everyone. <3 We were out of town on vacation this week, but I'm back now. I just wanted to let you know I didn't just flake out and disappear on you because I felt like it! :)

I'm currently waiting for Myrthos to get home so he can publish an article I've written for you. :)

if you can stand it….

pibbur who may have watched 2 Boll movies, but prefers not to be reminded of it.

Bah, Uwe is a genius and if any of you has balls to say otherwise, step up in the ring and prove it.

McDonalds is suing the city of Florence for 18 million because they don't want one of their gaudy gristle and sugar dispensaries in their historic square. Hopefully, Dante is designing a new circle in hell for the buggers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37910431

For a slight change of pace, here's a famous poem written by Yeats, in 1919. I'm finding it remarkably apt.

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Forever?
Wikipedia is supposed to die eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

I bet those prophets didn't think they'd be forever immortalized on Wikipedia. :p
What really amazes (shocks) me is that People still make predictions like this. I mean, so far all of them has been wrong. One might think that future prophet wannabes would at least consider this fact, and ask themselves what makes them so special, unlike everyone else. *sighs*

Pibbur who thinks that in general prophets (like Nostradamus) are best at predicting things that have already happened.

What really amazes (shocks) me is that People still make predictions like this. I mean, so far all of them has been wrong. One might think that future prophet wannabes would at least consider this fact, and ask themselves what makes them so special, unlike everyone else. *sighs*

Pibbur who thinks that in general prophets (like Nostradamus) are best at predicting things that have already happened.

The very best prophets use Facebook these days. You can create a post and then edit the date. It's been used to comedic perfection this year.

@joxer, @Korplem: 2 more reasons to stay away from the Book of Faces. Thank you.

pibbur who made a FB account only to follow information about a band (DT), but never posted, never uploaded and never shared anything, never received friendship requests which he wouldn't have accepted anyway (with the possible exception of the wife). In short, he knows the value of not being seen. And he has now deactivatede it.

A snake has been found, in a garden in my home town Bergen.
02d35f13-f6b8-40a6-9092-f730eb3771c3

The snake turned out to belong to the species Pantherophis guttatus (aka corn snake). It's not a venomous snake (after all, it was found in Norway and not Australia) and all in all not deadly. To humans. Rodents on the other hand …. However no reason for the prey to fear this one, due to the cold weather it was barely alive and definitely not kicking.

It's not a native of Norway, this one. It has migrated from the US, and probably served as an illegal alien pet for a while.

pibbur who is not scared, partly because the snake was euthanized.

PS. We do have a venomous snake in Norway, Vipera berus, the common European adder (sometimes it actually is black). However, it's not particularly deadly as fatalities are rare, so I think it doesn't count. DS.

Last edited:
I believe Norwegian vipers spend most of the year asleep, presumably dreaming of emigrating to Australia.

Back
Top Bottom