Divinity: Original Sin II - Patch v3.0.168.526

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Divinity: Original Sin II has received a large patch that makes over 500 changes and improvements.

Hi everyone,

We've just released a new patch, and it's a big one!

How big? Well, patch 3.0.168.526 is bursting at the seams with over 500 changes and improvements, including massive modifications to skill balancing, on-demand teleportation to waypoints on the map, a new screenshot-friendly mode, and fixes for several achievements.

So check out the patch notes, check out the game, and let us know what you think!

Changes and improvements

• Added fast waypoint travel via the main map. Clicking waypoints now lets you travel to that location directly
  • Added map markers for sub-region entrances and exits
  • Added a "Toggle Screenshot Mode" button to hide the UI (default: F10)
  • Added range value to ranged skill and ranged skill book tooltips
  • Added sorting to the trade window
  • Added "Sell all wares" option to the controller trade window
  • Added highlighting of new recipes to the crafting window
  • Improved selection of NPCs that have items right behind them. This should prevent accidentally triggering theft behavior
  • GM mode: GM can now set XP gained from monsters
  • Updated and fixed several journal entries
[...]
More information.

Yep.

So the big question for those of us currently playing the game is.... Does this break our saves in anyway, including quests, items, inventories, builds...

Yep.

So the big question for those of us currently playing the game is…. Does this break our saves in anyway, including quests, items, inventories, builds…

Nope. Not even a little bit. :)

Dimensional Bolt damage increase should help a little. It's rough to use the power because you never know what element it will use. You can put out a burning status with ice or even heal an undead with poison.

P.S. 3.0.168.526?? It's not really my business but I think it's time for 3.1, guys!

I stopped playing at the end of act 2 because of the bug with the quest with the two weapon pieces. Did they ever fix it in a way that didn't require a restart?

Wow, looks like there might have been some actual improvements for melee. That took quite some time to happen, not sure I'll ever replay this, but at least it did get addressed.

I've got a minor issue at the moment caused by an unusual situation that I created. Basically Gareth and Tarquin won't come out of combat-mode at the Lady Vengeance due to my fleeing some crazy over-levelled action near the Blood-Pits entrance.

It was funny actually, as I had to go on a mission to retrieve my PCs corpse near the magisters in the Blood-Pits, but it seemed as soon as I arrived on the boat after initially fleeing, it sent Gareth and Tarquin into an unending fight mode.

I guess it just means no trading with them until I'm good enough to return to finish what I started. :) I'm level 12 at present and still enjoying it, though the level-gating keeps my pace nice and slow.

I stopped playing at the end of act 2 because of the bug with the quest with the two weapon pieces. Did they ever fix it in a way that didn't require a restart?

If the bug was one where the guy stayed at the cemetery instead of going back to the ship, yes that was fixed like 2 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom