The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Here's a particularly emotional video, plus a great song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

Roy Orbison died right before they made this video and you'll see a rocking chair with a guitar on it slowly swinging back and forth to represent Roy's part in the song as the camera pans to a photo of the great man.

If you don't know much about Roy Orbison then it might not mean anything to you, but for those who do and, like Elvis, considered him the "best voice in pop", this video has a particularly saddening edge which adds volumes to the song.

Just days earlier and you can see Roy singing "I have some love still to give":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

And, coming back to Elvis, Roy was one of only a very few artists (such as Elvis) to have 2 Albums concurrently in the top 5 posthumously. One of the true greats and so sadly missed.

Judging by your tag you would love the movie "What we do in the Shadows"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416742/

My favorite quote is actually:

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you." - David St. Hubbins

but was too long to put as a tag. Ill have to check out that movie. Always looking for a good comedy

Im alone at the office still working after a loooooong day, but I unplugged the headphones and cranked this collection of diddies up to 11

Megadeth - Peace Sells… But Whos Buying? [Full Album]

Nice… I saw Megadeth in concert several times back in the day. There was one show in particular I remember fondly. It was in Orlando sometime in the mid 90s, and Korn was the opening act. There were also guys from Sony there demonstrating the original PlayStation before it had been released here, and I remember my friends and I being really impressed by it. :)

Countdown To Extinction is my personal favorite from them, but all their albums are pretty good.

Nice… I saw Megadeth in concert several times back in the day…….

Ha thats awesome with the Playstation. I saw them once, in Poughkeepsie, NY on the tour for Peace Sells, probably 1987, but they opened for Alice Cooper. Peace Sells is my favorite, but I also really like Killing is My Business and Countdown to Extinction alot also. After that they are kind of hit and miss to me, but still one of my go to bands for loud obnoxious music

My musical obsession today was Portishead - Best Of

Last edited:
Listened to a little internet radio for the first time in a long time and caught a few tracks that sounded pretty good. We'll start with this one:
"Crane Kiss" by Tamaryn

Nice DOORS retrospective, it's been a few years. Oops not that DOORS.

LA Woman… wonderful. Reminds me of Zepplin with the blues and call and response.

A crazy Crimson track

Lizard

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom